faves

Mornings were now my favourite parts of the days and for what I knew that wasn't supposed to change too soon.

Waking up knowing that someone loves me as much as him made me love mornings.

Waking up in his arms made me love mornings.

Quiet kisses and cuddles with him made me love mornings.

His deep green eyes in which I could get lost so early in the morning made me love mornings.

He made me love mornings.

He made me love life, he made me love small things that I didn't know of before.

And while I was thinking about all of these I was snuggling in his arms in his room at his place. And slowly, saying "his room" became weird. It was more like "our room". It was about "us".

I felt his kisses on the back of my neck as I realized he just woke up.

"wake up, love" he softly whispered in my ear.

"I am awake" I said, smiling as he pulled me closer.

"do you wanna grab coffee and come with me to the headquarters?" he slowly said.

"but I wanted to sleep in" I said.

"promise we can do that tomorrow. pretty please?"

"finee." I said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of bed.

"get dressed and I'll go make coffee, okay?" he smiled and left.

I quickly tip toed to his closet, taking out my clothes that were nicely kept on a few shelfs inside it. There was a cute black dress there that went perfectly with my white cardigan so I put them on and went downstairs.

The smell of coffee hit me immediately as I walked behind the counter to hug Charles.

"morning again, sleepy" he smiled. "you look amazing."

"do I? I didn't even have time to do my makeup..." I said.

"you are a natural. you're beautiful with and without it" charles said, planting a kiss on my cheek. "here's your coffee" he said smiling.

As we sat down at the table, I could see Charles' lips twiching into a smile then going flat again.

"what's this all about?" I chuckle.

"what's what about?" he asks.

"the sneaky smiles?" I smile too.

"let's just say I really enjoy my mornings with you."

Soon after, we got into the car as Charles drove to the headquarters.

"Why do I need to be here with you anyway?? It's too early" I cry out as I get out of the car.

"Just because." Charles grins.

"Because what?" I ask while he grabs my hand leading me to the entrance.

"Because you are my girlfriend and I wanna show you off?" he says, looking at me with lustfull eyes.

"Whatever you say, mr Leclerc." I squeezed his hand as a sign of affection."Oh and about that.."

"If it's fine with you, miss Belladonna, we can talk about it when we get to my office" he says, cheekly, interrupting me.
'future miss Leclerc' Charles thinks to himself. "First door on the left, please go ahead, I need to get something and some drinks for us, be right back"

I walked through the red hallway full of frames and pictures when I spotted the door and went inside. His office had a wall-wide window opening to the best view ever- the track. As beautiful as it was, another thing made me take a step forward to his desk and pick a frame up. I was admiring the photo and getting a bit sad, but just then Charles entered the room and stepped behind me.

"That's..."

"Your father." I replied. "God knows how much I cried those days. And just 48 hours later, there you were, winning a race after fighting from the back of the grid to the front row."

"you knew me back then...?" Charles asked, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I watched all of your races" I state.

"And you cried..."

"I cried my heart out. Two days in a row, including when you won the race. You were just a kid...I wish I could've been there to just give you a hug."

"I'd take that hug then, now, every day" Charles said as I turned around to hug him. I threw my hands over his neck while I snuggled on his too familiar collarbone, inhaling his strong cologne. His arms went right around my waist and fit absolutely perfect.

"I know it's hard, Charles. And you might not belive me, but it marked me as well. That's how much I loved you." I muffled into his chest.

"I belive you Cara. And yes, it is hard, but I have someone by my side and this makes it a lot easier. And you know what makes it even more easier? Me and ma, we both think he would've liked you very much. You are exactly the kind of girl he would want me to spend every day of my life with. You understand that, right?"

Charles words hit like a bullet and I understood how he really felt about this deeply in his heart. It was indeed very hard for him.

"I do." I reply.

"But this really took me by surprise. Were you so in love with me that you were watching every single race I participated on?" He teased, trying to lighten the mood.

"You have to belive me, I was. Head over heels and I now am more than ever." I say, lifting my head up and taking a glance at his eyes, and then at his lips.

He placed a heartfelt kiss on my lips.

"I love you, Cara. I am in love with you."

"I love you more, Charles. And I'm in love with you too. I've always been."

"There is no going back, now that I said it I won't be able to ever stop saying it" Charles smiled widely. "Je t'aime, mon coeur."

We sat there, hugging in silence. This was one of the wholsomests and beautifulests moments of my life. I now knew he loved me and I loved him.

______________________________________
author's note

AAASHDHEHDHEHE I LOVE THEM SM