The mistake

I went back to my place across the road and turned on the TV to see the free practice and the first thing I see is the camera zooming on my Charlie and that PR manager girl. She is so flirty with him and I'm so done with her. Now she has her hand on his shoulder?! What a great way to start the morning...

The worry went away when Charles got up and started walking towards his driver's room, closing the door after him. At least he got away from her, right?

That's when I got the call. He was facetiming me. The corner of my lips formed a smile.
______________________________________

"Hi love, how are you?" Charles asked.

"Hi Charlie, good, just missing you, to be honest" I smile.

"I missed you too. Are you watching me on tv?"

"Yeah, you and that pr manager girl who's all over you" I roll my eyes over.

"Maya? She's not all over me, my love. She's just doing her job!" he laughs.

"Yeah, well, Maya is a little bit too clingy." I tell him.

"Is somebody jealous?" he smirks. "Mon amour, you've got nothing to worry about, okay?"

"Okay."

"now I gotta go, love you"

"have fun and do well, love you too"
______________________________________

You've got nothing to worry about. These were the words replaying in my head as I watched him come out of his driver room and jump into the car for the free practice. He did a super good flying lap, as he ended up second, right behind Max Verstappen. I watched him dissapear into his garage as I got up and started deccluttering around the house. I switched to the music channel because cleaning works ten times better with music. Hours passed and I couldn't stop thinking about Maya. She was hot...maybe hotter than me. Would he ever...? No, he wouldn't, he's my Charles... But would he? I hope not. What about our families? We've met eachother's families already. Ugh, I have to stop thinking about this. I think it's best if I bake a cake or something, I have a damn sweet tooth. I laughed to myself as I went to the kitchen.

Hours passed and I didn't even notice. While I was decorating it, I got a text notificaton from Charlie.

______________________________________

<< hi baby, I'm missing you. I'm about to go to seb's, he's throwing a party at his place here for all of the ferrari crew. Facetime after?😘>>

<< sure. have fun, ily❤️>> I typed back.

<< ly2🫶>> he replied.

______________________________________

I continued decorating my cake for some time, still listening to music. But my spotify stopped when kika sent me a message.

______________________________________

<< cara... >>

<< hii girll >> I typed back.

<< did you open twitter today?>>

<< no. is there new gossip going around? >>

<< nope, not any. please don't open it just yet. >>

what was going on? why was she telling me that? I had to open twitter, right now.

<< I'll try >> I lied.

______________________________________

I left the chat app to go on twitter. I opened it and with trembling hands I refreshed the page. No, it couldn't be...It couldn't.