one month

I got up early today and I made sure to carefully step off the bed so I wouldn't wake Charles up. I went to the kitchen and prepared some crêpes and made coffee. I got the gift box from my bag and carefully wrapped it. I took a black marker and wrote : happy one month, love!
I then ran up to our bedroom to wake Charles up. He was sleeping on his back, facing the celling. I went on top of him and I pulled the duvet over us. I let my hands go around his body in a warm hug as I kissed him.

"bon matin, mon amour." I said.

he groaned, putting his hands around me as well.

"bon matin ma belle, mais pourquoi s'est-on réveillé si tôt ?" he said with his sleepy voice.

"eh bien, parce que tu m'as manqué" I give him a peck on the lips, noticing that his eyes are still closed.

"oui je comprends, moi aussi bebe... et pourquoi tu parles français ? tu parles toujours en anglais" he smiled.

"juste parce que tu aimes quand je parle français, monsieur Leclerc."

"as you say, miss Belladonna." future miss Leclerc, charles thought once again. "I'm going to make you mine sooner or later."he says, getting a grip on my hips.

I smile.

"oh, I forgot to ask you. If you had to choose between city nightlife or a quiet lodge in the swiss alps, what would you say?"

"LODGE CLEARLY!! Why?" I say.

"that is exactly why I love you mon amour. Pack your bags, we're going. Happy one month baby." he smiled as he came closer to kiss me. We shared a deep kiss.

"Really?" I asked, my eyes lighting up.

"Mhm. As I said, you can pack your bags already, but after breakfast." he smiled. His smile was everything to me. So pure.

"Okay then, let's go" I smiled as I got down from his lap, pulling him out of bed.

"I'm only getting out if you'll let me hug you, will you?" he said.

"Is that even a question?" I chuckled as he got up and I hugged his shirtless body.

"As much as I love this," I say as I run the tips of my fingers over his toned abs, coming to a stop as I laid my hand flat on his chest, his own hand covering mine, "you gotta put a t-shirt on. It's cold downstairs, I don't want you to catch a cold. Please?"

"Fine, I'll put one on and get downstairs. Just wait one second" he says as he takes an gray t-shirt out of his closet and pulls it on. Three letters: h , o , t. "Done" he smiled.

As we went downstairs, the sweet smell of the crêpes got Charles in a trance.

"my love, when did you have time to make all of these? the crêpes smell so good." he said as he took a seat at the table.

"let's just say you'll cook next time, okay?"

"agreed" he smiled.

"c'mon, eat up, I wanna give you the gift I bought." I grinned.

"my love, you know I told you not to buy me a gift." he looks at me, concerned that I've spent my money on things for him.

"look, it's something small, okay?" I smiled, taking his hand in mine.

"fine but you won't buy any gift for Christmas then. Deal?" he asked.

"no?! it's literally unfair!" I say. "I'm buying you Christmas gifts. But you're the one who shouldn't buy any, this is the second vacation we're taking in switzerland and it's all on you. It's expensive!"

"No, I'm going to spoil you rotten on Christmas." He smiled while taking a bite of his crêpe.

"I won't let you. It's not fair." I say, expressing my displeasure.

"Let's just make another deal. We'll get eachother gifts, but small stuff, symbolic. Deal?"

"If this means I can buy you a gift, then okay, deal."

"See? We really get along- comunication is key" he laughed.

After we finished eating, I took the small gift box from the drawer and handed it to him. "happy one month, Charles" I smiled.

"Now what could this be?" he smiled in confusion as he tore the wrapping paper. "you did not..." he says in shock when he reveals the APM Monaco box. "these are expensive, love...you shouldn't have..."

"Oh c'mon! Enjoy your gift for once!" I smile at him.

"A bracelet! I absolutely love these!" he said, his eyes filling up with joy when he came to hug me.

"mhm. I bought us matching ones, and they have a message engraved in morse code. Look!" I say as I showed him the one on my hand. "It spells love." I smile.

"Love. I love it. I love you, actually" he smiled as he lowered his lips on mine and shared an heartfelt kiss. "I'm never gonna take it down, I promise. Wait no, I am gonna take it off in the shower actually. Just know that as long as I have this on, I love you."

"I don't need a bracelet to prove me that you love me, I just know you do." I smiled as I kissed him again. "Now c'mon! Let's pack our bags, I wanna ski!"

"Me too" he smiles.

"I gotta go to my place then. See you in a bit, love" I smiled as I went out and ran across the street.

I went to my place and went upstairs to grab my stuff. I took two outfits and my skiing clothes as well as a pair of shoes and accessories, but I didn't take a lot of stuff as I didn't know how long we were staying. I was expecting either one day full of skiing or two days; one for skiing and one for chilling at the lodge. I got my stuff and walked out, sprinting back to Charles' place. He was ready to leave, but I bursted in and walked upstairs, to the bedroom.

"you forgot something?" he shouted from downstairs.

"um, yeah! I'll be down in one minute!"

I was searching everywhere, desperate to find the VS set. I looked on the bed, in the closet, in the drawers, it was nowhere to be seen! Just as I was checking the closet once more, Charles walked in.

"What did you lose, my love? Apart from your mind.." he laughed.

"I, um, the-" I said between heavy breaths because I was doing everything super fast. "I had a...um... a skirt that I left somewhere around here" I said, trying to avoid telling him that I was looking to pack the set he gifted me one night before.

"Mhm, sure you do. Because you need a skirt for skiing, right?" he smirked.

"Well I was thinking maybe we could go for an après-ski?" I smiled with confusion because I just made that up and it made absolutely no sense.

Charles laughed when he heard my words. "Look, I know you know what après-ski is, and I also know you know you don't need a skirt for it, my love. Don't worry about your gift from last nigh, I already packed it, okay?" he smirked, taking my hand and giving me a kiss.

"How did you know?" I ask him defeated.

"You were too obvious" he smiles.

"Well you ruined the surprise but at least you got it. Thank youu"

"You're welcome baby. Now, let's go."