meetings

I woke up suddenly when hearing noise from the kitchen - I got up from the bed and noticed that Charles was gone. The sound was definetly from him. I get my slippers and slowly walk to the kitchen, to see Charles prepping a smoothie.

"Morning Cara!" he says smiling.

"morning. That looks gross" I say.

"Yea but I need to have it, work is starting sooo I need protein"

"I keep forgeting that the season is actually starting" I say, accompanied by a sigh. "Charles...what will happen to us?...You'll be travelling and I..."

"Hey hey hey, don't worry. I'll make it work, we will. Okay? My love, don't you worry..."

"I trust you" I smile. "Can I have one of those?"

"The ones you said are gross?" He laughs.

"Well I'm trying to build healtly habits" I bite my lips into a thin line.

And it was actually not that bad. But it wasn't better than pancakes, of course.

"When are you departing for Bahrain?" I ask.

"Tomorrow."

"And when are you back?"

"Five days"

"WHAAAT? You're leaving for basically one whole week!!!"

"But we will call daily, c'est okay pour toi, mon amour?"

"Oui. Of course that's okay, that's amazing. That's the least we can do."

"Okay, now I gotta go to work, but see you later, okay? You can spend time at mine if you'd like."

"I think I should visit my mother, but I don't wanna go aloneee"

"Can I come with you after I'm done?"

"My mother will freak out, but yes, I think you should come, and thank you..."

"Always."

Charles went to work as I literally slept for 6 more hours. I didn't even bother to eat...

But my alarm rang and I had to get up and get dressed to go visit mom. I took a black dress from my closet and pulled it on. I put my hair in a messy bun, grabbed my phone and called mom.
______________________________________

"Hii, mom, how are you?"

"Hi sweetheart. I'm good, you?" mom said.

"Me too. Are you home?"

"Yeah, I'm making some croissants, why?"

"Mom, I'll come and visit you today. I'll bring a friend with me if that's okay."

"Sure! I'm waiting for you."

"Thanks mom. Byeee"

"See you soon sweetheart"

______________________________________

Soon enough, Charles was in front of my house. He called to let me know he's waiting, as I made my way to his car. I hopped in and I gave Charles a small kiss, full of affection.

"Hi baby" I say.

"Hi love" he replies.

"Thank you for coming with me... I told my mum I'm bringing a friend" I laugh.

"Does she know me?" he smirks.

"How could she not know you, I've been your biggest fangirl while I was still under the same roof as her" I smile at the thought of the memories. "Imagine the shock on Anya's face if she was still here..."