Chapter 1

The cage swung and shook as the creature inside it paced and growled in anger. How could he, the King of the Koopas let himself be shrunk down in size and caged like a bird? It was ridiculous and humiliating! Bowser, the once feared and proud ruler of the Koopas, grumbled. He was sick of looking at the iron bars before him. To him, they were mocking and irritating. He did have his piano which he greatly enjoyed playing, but even so, it did nothing to appease him entirely. If only he hadn't gotten lost looking into the princess's deep blue eyes. The same eyes that showed nothing but hatred and disgust for him.

Bowser couldn't help himself and be attracted to Peach, Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. As he had previously described to his troops, her heart shaped bangs, her immovable tiara, and the way she would float in the breeze drew him in. Her hatred of him made him love her more as well. He had to win her heart back somehow. He wanted his happily ever after with the fairy tale wedding and to rule side by side with her. He sighed with annoyance when thinking back to the two plumbers that ruined everything for him. They had nabbed the Super Star and used it to beat him down. That was his star! He had taken it rightfully away from the Penguin Kingdom!

He shook his head and mentally spoke to himself. 'No matter. I will get myself another Super Star...as soon as I get out of here.' He sighed. 'Kamek should have been here by now. I've been waiting in this darn cage for 3 weeks now! I'm over it already!' He gently tapped his head against the bars, gripping onto them tightly with his claws as his red eyes closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another part of the world, Kamek, a fellow Koopa and wizard to Bowser, had been working on a spell to help free his lordship. He had seen his majesty get taken away as soon as the princess fed him a blue mushroom shrinking him in size. He then witnessed Toad, a mushroom person, picking up Bowser and putting him in a jar. He was horrified and frustrated to see his king be treated in such a way. He vowed to free his master as soon as he could. He needed the perfect spell to sneak in and get Bowser out. He had been hard at work perfecting a spell that would make him invisible and unable to track. It would allow everything he did to be silent as he moved around and figured out a way to free Bowser. He had worked on a spell that could, potentially, help break locks too. He hadn't practiced the spell for very long as it was new to him. He hoped if he needed to use it, everything would go smoothly with it.

"Yes! At last! It is perfected!" Kamek jumped up and down in excitement. "Do not worry Sire. I shall free you soon!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah man! I'm running late!" A young woman ran frantically around her apartment as she grabbed her work clothes packing them into a small duffle bag. Y/N knew her boss wouldn't be happy with her being late. She had only had this job for a week, and they were extremely strict about being on time. She understood that well and always strived to be on time. Unfortunately, time got away from her along with sleep and she ended up getting ready much later than anticipated.

She had hurriedly fixed her (hair length and hair color) hair by curling it and applying basic but pleasing makeup for her eyes. She dabbed on light foundation and blush while putting on a neutral color of lipstick. She wanted to wear something that said natural, but not overbearing. She wasn't one to wear heavy makeup, so she always did it lightly. Y/N sighed as she made quick work of zipping up her dress and putting on her 2-inch high heeled sandals. She grabbed her jewelry, a matching pair of earrings and necklace, and put them on. The earrings and necklace were silver in color along with her sandals.

Y/N practically ran out of her apartment as she grabbed her keys, purse, and duffle bag. She locked the door and made her way towards the elevators. She would've taken the stairs, but she didn't want to risk tripping down the stairs. Never again did she want a repeat of what happened a couple of days ago in these very same shoes. It was so embarrassing, but she was thankful that someone stopped by to help her stand up again.