Chapter 11

A/N: Thank you everyone for checking out this story, adding it to your reading lists, and for the votes. I really appreciate it! This chapter is a little shorter, but I hope all of you enjoy it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The feast that was hosted by the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom was very loud, but nice. All the Kongs had enjoyed their fill of food along with the plumbers and mushroom man. Peach sighed as she lay down on her bed. Not long after the meal, the Kongs all decided to head back to their kingdom. Peach had some of her guards help take care of the Yoshies that had stayed behind. They would eventually be put back into their kingdom.

What an exhausting, eventful day! Peach wished that she could've spent more time with Y/N but understood Y/N wanting to stay with Bowser. She was sure that she could visit Y/N again at some point. Really get to know her more later. She was very tired from everything and happy to be back in her bedroom on her soft, plush bed. No more trying to get comfortable on the stone flooring. She closed her eyes and let sleep take her mind to a faraway place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario had been tossing and turning in his bed. Given everything that happened in the day, Peach was kind enough to make arrangements for him and Luigi to stay the night before going back to their world. He couldn't get the idea out of his mind about Y/N and Bowser. Yes, he didn't want to hurt Y/N's feelings again, but still. How could Y/N want to be with Bowser? Perhaps, as cliché as it may be, do not judge a book by its cover. It was true. Y/N obviously saw something in Bowser that not many others got to see.

Luigi, sharing the same room as his brother, was fast asleep. He was happy that everything got to work well for everyone. He was thrilled that Y/N would be able to spend more time with Bowser. As much as he wanted to spend more time with her, he could understand where Y/N stood in wanting to be with Bowser. Sleep had come very easy for him.

Mario, sighed and shook his head, 'I wish I could sleep that easily.' He had looked over at his brother who seemed to be in a deep sleep. He decided to let his mind wander on thoughts of Peach. He couldn't deny that he was attracted to her. He wasn't sure she felt the same. She liked him, but he felt like only a friend. He wondered if he should say something or let her say something.

'I am not helping myself out with these complicated thoughts!' Mario sighed once more. 'Just think about plumbing. Getting jobs done and making money.' Eventually, those thoughts about work did help him drift off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You have an older sister?" The Koopa King asked.

"Yeah. She and I weren't as close in our relationship as children. She is four years older than me. She stuck with her friends and I with mine," the human replied.

Y/N and Bowser were in the dining room. Both were able to get some much-needed rest and were currently enjoying some brownies. The king couldn't get enough of the chocolate flavor. The chocolate squares were quickly becoming a favorite dessert of the ruler.

"Did you two ever play together at all as kids?"

"We did a little bit. One time, we had a big snowstorm and because of that, school got closed. We went outside to play, and my sister decided to throw snowballs at me. I was surprised since I was occupied working on snow angels. I shot up from my snow angel making and started hurtling snowballs back at her. Then..." Y/N giggled.