Chapter 3

A/N: Thank you everyone for checking this story out and/or adding it to your reading lists. I appreciate it! This chapter is a bit long because I wanted to put in some extra scenes. I hope all of you enjoy this extra long chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kamek was in his workshop, busy preparing his trip to scout out for help for Bowser. He knew Bowser would want someone who had all the right qualities with music. Someone that can help bring out the feelings of his heart for Princess Peach. Kamek would be sure to take notes on potential candidates and then single them out. He informed Bowser that this could take some time.

"So be it," Bowser said. "I just want someone who will help me out by bringing in the right words to my song."

"Of course, Sire," Kamek replied.

So, here was the wizard gathering his tools and necessities together. He would be bringing his spell book with him so he could disguise himself or turn invisible again if he wanted to go that far. He made sure to pack along an orb that would allow quick communication with Bowser and let the king see the candidate in mind once a decision had been made. Bowser of course, would have the final say, but the ruler of the Koopas trusted Kamek 100%. Afterall, Kamek had been with Bowser ever since he was born.

With the spell book and orb packed up into a large bag, Kamek made his way out of the workshop toward his bedroom. Once inside his room, he set the bag down on the floor and cast a spell to make the bag and everything in it small for easy carrying. This was one of the reasons why he was thankful to be a wizard. The convenience of making things easier for oneself was satisfying.

Now that the bag was small, Kamek walked out to his balcony and hopped onto the broom. He then started moving into the air on his broom toward his first destination. He figured the Mushroom Kingdom would be a good place to start at. Even though he and Bowser had just fled from there, he had a feeling that going there first would be beneficial. Something, he felt, would happen in his and Bowser's favor and he couldn't ignore the feeling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Y/N were all outside of the apartment building and heading toward the sewers. Conversation had jumped around all over the place amongst the five of them, but they all enjoyed chatting. One conversation shocked them, especially Toad.

"Wait...you meant it when you said that you did steal something once?" Toad asked.

"Yeah..." Y/N looked a little guilty. "When I was little, I did steal a pack of gum from a grocery store when I was with my mom."

"For shame!" Toad exclaimed and then expressed sadness. "How could you do that?"

"I apologized and my mom had gone back inside and put it away. Lesson was learned on that day," Y/N answered.

"Well...at least the lesson was learned," Mario said.

"Yep! Never stole again. My mom had talked with me for quite a while about it," Y/N then chuckled, "I was terrified of my mom and her angry voice. She and my dad had a certain pitch to their voices they used when disappointed or angry and I remember thinking that I don't want to hear those sounds ever again."

"Your parents sound like they're strict," Luigi said.

"They weren't terribly strict, but they always made sure that I understood what needed to be done. What was right and wrong, everything like that. They care greatly about my sister and I," Y/N smiled.