Chapter 9

A/N: Thank you everyone for adding this to your reading lists, for the votes, and for the comment. I really appreciate it! Hope all of you enjoy this chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N had been taken back to her room by Kamek. It made her very happy to be back in a spacious room with her comfortable bed, bathroom, and different clothes to wear. She smiled as she had finished showering and was looking in the closet to decide on what to wear. Many options were displayed before her. She decided to put on another summer style dress. It was knee length and lavender. Dark purple rose patterns were displayed on the top and skirt of the dress and was shoulder length.

She then found a matching pair of earrings and a bracelet that went well with the dress. She decided to fix her hair by doing simple curls in it. Spinning around in her dress, she was satisfied with how she was dressed and with her hair. The last thing to find was a nice pair of shoes. She walked back to the closet and found a pair of flat, lavender sandals. Putting the sandals on, she smiled at herself in the full-length mirror. It felt good to wash up, change clothes, and fix her hair.

She walked out of her room and headed to the dining room. Along the way, she saw Kamek who was talking to a few Koopa Troops.

"The king wants to put a hold on the attack," Kamek said.

"Really? We went through all that time setting up everything," one of the troops said expressing slight frustration.

"What a waste," another one agreed.

"Well, uh, we can have what you set up for backup in case something else happens," Kamek said, trying to calm and reassure the troops.

"Yeah, that's true," the last troop spoke. "Doesn't hurt to have a backup. We were looking forward to attacking everyone though."

"Uh hello," Y/N decided to pipe into the conversation.

Everyone nodded in acknowledgement.

"Y/N, you look lovely," Kamek complimented.

"Thank you," she replied bashfully.

"His highness is waiting for you in the dining room. I'll escort you there," Kamek said.

"Thank you, I appreciate that," Y/N replied.

The wizard and human made their way to the dining room. Opening the doors, it was lavishly decorated. The long table had a white pristine cloth laid on top of it. Plates with intricate designs were placed on the table to accompany the delicious looking food. Candles adorned the four corners of the room, illuminating the atmosphere to reflect a peaceful, welcoming setting.

"Wow! It looks wonderful in here," Y/N said as continued looking at everything around her.

"I'm glad it is to your liking," the voice of the king spoke up.

Y/N turned to look at Bowser, "You didn't have to go so far out with dinner."

Bowser chuckled, "I couldn't help myself. I wanted to."

"It's really nice of you."

Kamek had walked Y/N up to the seat she sat in last time and left the dining room. Before Y/N could pull the chair out from the table, Bowser stepped in to take over.

"Please, allow me to seat you," Bowser said pulling the chair out.

Y/N gave him a shy smile, "Thank you."

He gently pushed the chair back in once she was sitting down in it. He then went back to his own chair and looked at Y/N, "You look beautiful."

Y/N blushed in response, "Th-Thank you."