Chapter 1

Present day

After leaving her father's mansion to live with her grandmother for almost fifteen years, Eun Young Ro found herself in her old bedroom. Putting her makeup in front of her vanity mirror, ready to pass this event in a bolt.

Had it not been for her father's demand or her fiance whose parents are the future president elect, she would gladly escape and hide behind those heavy books and get lost in the world of fiction.

Just as she polished the lip gloss on her lips, she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in!" She said.

There he was, leaning against her old bedroom door. Her dazzling fiance, Park Jun Pyo. The hearthrob engineering major who managed to win her heart at the blind date when she was taking her master degree in New York. Being alone in a foreign country, the two found comfort in each other to heal the longing feeling of being away from their home country. Even though she clearly realized that her heart only beats to one name that brought the colour in her youth thirteen years ago.

"You look beautiful." He smiled.

"Thanks. You... y–you clean up well yourself." She was stunned when she saw him. Where in the world is the long-haired engineering guy who used to wear his plaid shirt with the company of his Docmart?

"Close your eyes." He said.

"Why?" She raised her eyebrow at him.

He sighed and pouted cutely at her. "Please?"

"Alright, alright." She then obliged to him then closed her eyes. She felt him shift her hair to her right shoulder. Then, all of the sudden she felt a cold metal brushing on her skin.

"Now you can open your eyes, Young Ro-ya." He whispered in her ear then kissed her cheek softly.

Looking at her reflection in the mirror, she was agape to see a beautiful gold pendant hanging loosely around her neck. The rare pink diamond that was cut into a small rectangle fit perfectly in the gold frame of the pendant.

"I– I can't accept this. This is too much. The ring alone is enough for me." She nervously said.

He chuckled at her reaction. One of the traits that stole his heart immediately, how humble and different she is from the girls who were only after him for status and his money.

"Let this be my engagement gift to you." He kissed her lip softly. But she just auto responded to it like a robot.

"Shall we go?" Jun Pyo stretched his hand out to her.

Straightened her lacy little black dress. Wearing the colour of the funeral to her engagement. She smiled and took his hand and he led her out of her room.

The palatial of Eun's mansion reminded her of how much she used to love this place way before her mother's death when she was 14 years old. Until his father decided to marry this gold digger of an actress, Hong Ae Ra. She swore she would never step foot on this place and decided to live with her maternal grandmother in the suburban part of Seoul. At least life was good to her for almost fifteen years.

It was until the unfortunate fact that she discovered that her fiance's father is one of the strongest candidates of the president elect from the opposition party. For the past two years they have been dating, he hides this secret very well. Merely, he only announced her two weeks right before their arrival in Korea to announce their engagement to their parents.

Knowing that his future son in law's father is one of the strongest candidates for this election, Eun Chang Soo surely won't miss this chance to hold an extravagant engagement party at his mansion. Killing two birds with one stone, as a director of ANSP, sure he won't miss this opportunity to lick his way to be the future president right-handed man.

Thus, he called her daughter who had been estranged for the last fifteen years to hold an engagement party, she gladly declined at first.

"You never tell me that you grow up with a silver spoon on your plate." He whispered to her ear as they made their way across the magnificence staircase.

"What for? I haven't lived here for the past fifteen years and I never considered this as my home when my father decided to marry that bitch. And you..."

Then she stopped her walk. Pointing her index finger to him.

"You don't even care to tell me the truth about your parents from the beginning." She said with a scowl that formed on her face.

He was stunned at first, then he held his hand up in front of her and said. "Call it even?"

"Okay!" Then she grinned and gave him a high five.

With Jun Pyo, It feels comfortable as if being in the company of a friend. Hence it never actually thrills her because there's always a part in her heart that is missing. But then, he showed her how persistent he is to court her and how he was always there for her at the time when they were abroad, when he only knew her as Eun Young Ro, the rice cake shop owner's granddaughter who has been living through her scholarship in New York. Not Eun Young Ro, the daughter of ANSP's director.

As they arrived at the end of the staircase, she saw their parents were talking to each other. The flattering phoney smile that etched on her step mother's face giving an exalt to woo his parents. Rage filled her wholeheartedly. She felt disgusted.

"Relax. One hour. That's all the time we need to endure, then we can escape to eat the barbeque off the street." He squeezed her shoulder then grinned at her.

She took a glass of champagne from the waiter then gulped it immediately. Fueling her energy to plaster a fake smile and pretending to be nice to all the strangers there in the room for the next one hour.

Then she heard clinks of champagne glass being tapped followed by her father's exclamation to raise a toast for them.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I am delighted to gather you all in this joyous occasion of the engagement of our children. My dearest daughter Eun Young Ro and our future president elect Park Mu Yeol's son, Park Jun Pyo.

Hereby, let's raise a toast to our future bride and groom. May all the merriment and prosperity be forever in their favor."

Park Mu Yeol raised his glass as he proudly looked at his son and his future daughter in law. "To Jun Pyo and Young Ro!"

But the joy didn't last for long as she watched her fiance's limb fall onto the floor with blood smeared all over his abdomen.

-----------------

Hi! 

I actually have this plot way a long long time ago because I have this thing with FBI romance and have read sooo many novels about it (I'm obsessed with anything romantic suspense). So, I started to turn that imaginary into my writing here and suddenly think that Haesoo/Youngsoo will be a perfect fit to portray the characters. This is my first time using this platform to share this story. I've been a silent reader on Wattpad for a long time. And this Haesoo fanfic, I previously posted this last year on A triple O platform, but I kinda want to spread it in here lol. So, enjoy!

- xo