Chapter 7

Autumn 2009

Damn it!

She muttered inside of her head. She was getting agitated as she waited for the bus to come. She was tired from helping her grandma make the dough for today's supplies. In her school life, she always prevents herself from being tardy because she doesn't want to run 7 laps in the huge court of school tracks or the gym, if it rains. But today, She lost a battle with her conscience and chose to press the snooze button of the alarm. It takes approximately 15 minutes to reach her school by bus and 5 minutes to walk from the bus stop to the school gate.

And it's already 07.40 am and no indication that her bus is going to arrive.

And it started pouring rain.

The number of people soon congregated, fitting the small space of the bus stop. It was crowded indeed. She imagined the bus will be crowded too. Then finally, her bus arrived. And it was a struggle for her to get into it because many people were also trying to get into the bus.

A slight push made her lose her balance and crashed her into someone. Specifically someone else's lap. A hand immediately snaked around her waist to prevent her from falling a little further.

"Eun Young Ro?" The familiar voice startled her as her hand still on her saviour's chest upon her stumble earlier.

"Soo Ho?" She then looked up at her saviour. Then she quickly registered her position and her proximity with Lim Soo Ho and noticed how her hands were still placed on his chest. While shock was still written all over their face, somehow their intense gazes prevented them from breaking off their embrace forthwithly.

Young Ro felt her heart beating ten times faster than normal. But what surprised her the most, she felt Soo Ho's heartbeat was also getting faster underneath her hands.

Then, their intense gazes were cut by the lady who cleared her throat next to his seat. Soo Ho couldn't help but feel cold at the sudden emptiness when Young Ro quickly got off his lap. He didn't know why but It felt so right to have her in his arms.

"Ugh... here. Take a seat." He said as he touched his ear after the awkward moment with her.

She then sat at the seat he gave her. Soo Ho standing next to her holding one of his hands to the loop strap. He looked away to the window. At that moment, Young Ro wanted to curse herself for her sudden imbalance that made her fall into someone's lap.

Lim Soo Ho's lap.

Lim Soo Ho, of all the people. Why him?!

Young Ro then put her hand to massage her furrowed eyebrow. Slightly want to hit her head how could she be so stupid. Now things are going to be awkward between him and her.

"You okay?" Soo Ho noticed her gesture as he looked down to look at her.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry, someone pushed me and I lost my balance." She quickly apologised to him.

"It's alright. It happens from time to time." He said back to her. He smiled but his smile faded as he suddenly thought about the words he just said to her.

From time to time?

Really Lim Soo Ho?

"I–I mean it's not happening from time to time. It–it's totally never happening to me. But it happened just now." he stuttered and scratched the top of his ear

Who would have thought? Someone who is charming as Lim Soo Ho could also become awkward and nervous? She always pictured him as someone who can maintain his cool persona in front of everyone. She took a mental note whenever Soo Ho felt awkward and shy, his ears would redden and he would touch his nape or the top of his ear. Then she chuckled at his awkwardness.