Chapter 19

Present day

She woke up alone on the bed. Soo Ho was nowhere to be found when she turned around to his side to snuggle against him. December flush might flow through the room, but despite her naked form, she felt a bit warm in her heart. The endless night of passion was the reason for the little curve on her lips. Their relationship might not have been defined now, but at least she knew their feelings were mutual. Though, she felt a bit ashamed after confessing her love to him and it was because he didn't even reply to it and instead he just asked if she meant it.

Was it a foolish decision?

To tell him the truth about the feeling that she long awaits to brim?

He promised to take her on a real date after this run. But, will there ever be a chance that they will be out of their run alive? Remembering that time when they couldn't even step one foot without guns tailing behind them. One of them could die. Worst? Both of them could die instead. Her gaze fell to the drawer on her bedside, there was a cup of warm chamomile tea that had been placed there by Soo Ho. She was smiling as she was about to grab the cup but the glint from her necklace and her engagement ring from Jun Pyo caught her attention instead.

Ya! Park Jun Pyo, you bastard!

All this time, am I just a joke to you?

You must be laughing up there, knowing you managed to trick the ANSP director's daughter?

She knew all her feelings for Jun Pyo were gone right after she was chased and hunted by the northern spies. All those times she was thinking, why does she have to deal with the mess she never even began? Did he really kill Soo Ho's father? The silver lining is thank God they haven't gotten married yet and second... she got to meet the man who could make her feel alive ever since she was in high school. Fate brought her to meet Soo Ho. To reunite with him. Even in this star-crossed destiny, could convey every scenario that never got a chance to get out of her head in her youth.

But will she really own his heart tho?

Will his fickle attitude come back at the time he realized that everything they've done was a mistake?

With a heavy heart, she slid the engagement ring in the chain of the necklace and put them on her neck. Treasure the jewelries just in case Soo Ho and her running out of cash in this run. As much as she despises Park Jun Pyo, she was in awe that he was a great actor who has a knack for excellent acting. At least the ring is a real diamond not a cubic zirconia. She remembers she checked it out with Hye Ryeong when she was visiting her in New York after she broke the news about her engagement. And for the necklace, she wasn't sure if it was a real diamond because she was too wrapped up after that shooting event at her father's house. If God gives her a chance to grant her only one wish, she would want to turn back in time and meet Soo Ho sooner instead of Jun Pyo. They would have been... happy, right?

Then she got out of the bed and went straight to the bathroom. She saw her reflection there. She could see her dishevelled hair. The traces of love marks that he gave proudly present all over her body, mostly on her neck and chest area. She couldn't believe that he would give her that much. But just by looking at it, she could feel the sensation of his lips on her skin and how much she loves being pleasurably tortured by him. And lastly, was how her face was glowing more than the days before.

Is this a happy glow?

Or is this an after sex glow ?

Despite that she needs to be shot by a gun to change his attitude drastically, but she was glad that he didn't leave her in the dark any more. And she came to understand more why he acted the way he did. And she will do anything in her power to help him. Not sure of what kind of help that she would offer to him, but she hopes it could ease a bit of his burden.