Chapter 20

Present day

If there's one thing that she despises the most in her life, it would be a liar.

He lied when he met her for the first time on that blind date.

He lied when he said he loved her.

He lied when he said that he wanted to make her his wife and live happily in New York.

So all this time, Park Jun Pyo was just using her to get into her father. That engagement was one step closer to finally tear the Ruling party down that ended up in failure. In another word,

The mission failed.

You really were an amazing actor, Park Jun Pyo.

Don't you think 3 years is a long time to play pretend?

How long have you been stalking me?

She looked at the series of photos that were displayed at the monitor in front of her. So many photos were taken years before she met Park Jun Pyo.

So when you bumped into me at the coffee shop, did you actually do that on purpose?

When I spilled my coffee on you, you did it on purpose just so I could feel guilty and say yes when you asked me for a second date, huh?

You knew that I'll be hunted by those spies for your secret. 

You knew that I'll be harmed by them. 

All this time, am I just your lamb to be slaughtered? 

Her heart hurt, not because she still loves Jun Pyo. Her heart already and completely belongs to Soo Ho.

But her heart hurt for being betrayed. By Jun Pyo, by her father.

Father...

When I was a child, you proudly told me your job was meant to protect the country from the enemy.

So, who are you defending now?

Tears streaming down her face, her body went limp as she sank to the floor. She has no courage to face Soo Ho. She felt ashamed, even to look into his eyes. After the people around her turned out to be the mastermind of his agony. They hurt him mercilessly without her knowing. Do they know that it hurt her too? She just got the fairytale she always longed to have with him, she just got the home where her heart belongs to. She will understand if he eventually leaves her without a doubt. Can the universe be more cruel to her? Can he even look at her without seeing the face of the man who took part in his father's murder? Can he even look at her, the daughter of a murderer? It was too much for her fragile heart to bear. She needed to leave. She didn't care what would await her out there. Hell, she didn't even care if she died instead. She just didn't want to be a burden to him anymore.

In another room stood there a man lamenting his brittle soul because of this newfound truth he had been waiting for a whole damned seven years. The newfound truth he just found in this running game. His empty despair eyes stared into the distance at the view behind the window. He had no energy left to cry as he deliberately empty his mind and let himself feel the pain of his shattered heart.

Of all the men in this world, why do they have to be related to her?

Why does it have to be her father?

He could imagine how hurt she was by both men. Is this the greatest twist fate truly wanted to show him? Her father killed his father, indirectly with the help of the man he despised the most? His career was saved in ANSP because Gang Mu made sure that not every single soul in that organization knows that he is Lim Ji Rok's son. If they already found out about it, would they dispose him already at the beginning of his career? If Eun Chang Soo knew that he was the son of the man he disposed, would he trust his daughter's safety to him?  Of course not.