Chapter 2

Present day

The non-stop ring on his phone dragged him to consciousness from sleeping so soundly. It was 3 AM in the morning and importantly it is his week off from work.

Who the hell dares to call at this late hour?

Don't you have manners?

Without looking at the caller ID, Lim Soo Ho answered the phone right away. Ready to curse at the caller who has been phoning him.

"Dude, it's 3 AM! Get a life!" he groaned lazily.

"Special Agent Lim Soo Ho. I don't think that was an appropriate way to answer the call from your superior, you bastard." said Ahn Gyeong Hui calmly through the phone.

"What do you want?" He grumbled.

"I need you to come to the office tomorrow."

"I'm on leave now. Just ask someone else." He groaned and squeezed his eyes shut, pissed off over the fact his boss called him all of the sudden during the first day of his week off just to demand him to come to the office.

"If I call you at 3 AM and beg you to come to the office when I know that you are on leave, that means this shit is important. Check your email now." His boss demanded.

"Give me a moment." Half awake, he put his phone away out of his boss's earshot. He silently groaned as he walked to his desk to turn on his laptop then quickly checked his email. Another assignment? Yes. Another new target? Yes. Does it involve the government or civilians? Maybe. Or both?

"Have you checked your email yet?" His boss asked.

The colour drained from his face, his heart pounding recklessly in his chest. Now that he is fully awake, he looked at the picture of a poster in his laptop.

The poster of a woman with a big red title

MINE

Wanted alive. Big rewards await.

The familiar beauty with warm brown eyes that were etched on her angelic face, was staring at him right through his laptop.

"Eun Young Ro?" Without realizing, he said the name of the subject of his very own longing ache back in his youth out loud.

"That is your next assignment. And I beg you, please don't mess this up."

***

A week later after the disastrous event of her engagement, Eun Young Ro found herself sitting in a bar with the company of a glass of liquor. The image of her bloody fiance still haunting her mind vividly. Think about it, her father being the director of ANSP, the authority who was supposed to provide topmost protection for the country, failed to notice that a sniper was hiding within his surroundings?

Do his supposedly called subordinates should probably double check his neighbourhood? To add more questions to her baffling mind, why did Jun Pyo become the target of the sniper? If some party has a grudge against her fiance's father, why didn't they target the future president instead? Though, it was also a clear shot for the sniper to shoot his gun at the future president.

She sighed and decided to go back to the hospital to check up on Jun Pyo's condition. It's strange, why is the floor so quiet? Where are all the bodyguards who used to guard Jun Pyo's room? And moreover, why aren't there any nurses in the nurse station?

It was until she heard a ruckus inside of Jun Pyo's room.

She leaned on the wall, trying to make out the argument inside of her fiance's room.