Chapter 6

Summer 2009

"You need to bring this more often, Young Ro-ya. This ggultteok is bomb!" Said Hye Ryeong as she took another bite of the rice cake.

They were hanging out at the class during the morning recess break. Too lazy to go downstairs to the cafeteria, so they just enjoy the ggultteok that Young Ro brought for the whole gang.

"You know, me and Byeong Tae are useful enough to help your grandma to make the dough, just saying." Gwang Tae chimed in as he munched his rice cake.

"Right!" Chimed Byeong Tae as he winked at Young Ro.

"A piece of advice Young Ro-ya, your grandma will probably face bankruptcy when she hires those dimwits. They prolly eat the whole stock of rice cakes at the shop instead." Jeong Min rolled her eyes as she snatched the rice cake from Byeong Tae's chopstick.

Gwang Tae gave her an irritated look. Then he replied. "Ya! You better ditch that club of yours, those journalistic thingy really drained the fun out of you."

"Why don't you ditch yours first? That club doesn't even gain you some fans anyway. I'm sure they wouldn't mind losing a player, would they?" Hye Ryeong gave him a snide remark as she smirked at Gwang Tae.

Young Ro just chuckled as she watched her friends bantering against each other. It's always a funny sight when Hye Ryeong always picks a fight with Gwang Tae. Even sometimes, she thinks that they look like Cindy and Jimmy Neutron who fight over silly things.

"Anyway, do you guys wanna watch a movie after school? I got a 50% discount using my credit card." asked Hye Ryeong.

"The amount of time you have to hangout after school is beyond my understanding. Anyway, I can't, Lim Soo Ho will kill me because I already skipped practice two days ago." He grumbled.

"Speak of the devil, what is he doing here?" Soon as Seol Hui's words came out of her mouth, all eyes were pinned to the class entrance.

Sure, the sight of Lim Soo Ho never ceases to amaze Young Ro. His handsome face and his tousled hair with bangs that almost reach his eyebrows begging to be brushed by her fingers. But then, she finally snapped out of it. She noticed all the girls in her class have their eyes pinning at the dashing prey at the entrance. He saw him speaking to one of her classmates and her classmate immediately pointed his finger at her.

Apparently, her friend Seol Hui also noticed that. "Is he looking for you?" she asked.

"I don't know, probably looking for me?" Gwang Tae raised his eyebrow.

"He's walking towards us." Added Hye Ryeong.

Then Hye Ryeong nudged her elbow at her as the sight of Lim Soo Ho got near to their tables. And all the girls' eyes were on him as he walked to them.

"Are you looking for me?" Asked Gwang Tae.

"Nope, Why would I look for you when I'm going to see you later? You know I'm going to kick your ass if you skip today's practice." Soo Ho smirked at him.

That answer earned laughs from Byeong Tae. "God! He's as sarcastic as I am. I like him!" Said Byeong Tae as he hit Gwang Tae's arm.

"Hi, Eun Young Ro." Lim Soo Ho greeted her. With a smile on his face.

"Lim Soo Ho... what's up?" Eun Young replied to him with her voice stuttering, then she smiled nervously.

"I see you're having a rice cake party. I come to return this to you." He handed her umbrella that he folded neatly. "Thank you for this. And thank you so much for the food last night." He said.