Entry 10: Yes

The question came up a week after the 'date' last friday. It was a typical 'all your friends knows what was about to happen while you sat the whole day in class oblivious on what was about to unfold when the last school bell rings' day.

I had my share of doubts on how my friends was acting suspicious. If you've been around someone for a considerable amount of time in a day, you pick up their habits, actions, and mannerism. You would know if something was up.

After class, I got a message from his friends that he wanted to talk to me at the soccer field bleachers. In this hint alone, I know what was happening. But I played along. When I was on the deserted bleachers looking for him, he sat in the middle, seemingly interested at the players practicing in the field. It was the only sound that kept the place eerie silent.

As he finally noticed me, I could only smile back at the huge, victorious grin on his face. He didn't wait it out and created useless chitchat. He went straight to his point.

Please be my girlfriend.

It wasn't romantic than I expected. There wasn't even fireworks in the background nor in my head. Because of that, it made his words and the atmosphere more realistic. My life wasn't a movie and happy ending isn't about finally finding prince charming. It was the beginning of a happy ending.

My answer was simple and probably expected from the unchanging smile on my face.

Yes.