Entry 25: Goodbye

Emptiness.

I'm not sure what it felt like until I saw his face everyday for the rest of the school year. It hurt to had gone without saying goodbye. But would it had made me feel better? No.

Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten months passed. 

I never counted how long school lasted in a year, but when he was no longer beside me, it felt like those minutes, days, weeks, and months dragged. And everyday it felt like you are in a bottomless pit.

But I didn't wallow in self pity for the choice I made. We both agreed to be apart. Its wasn't just me who wanted it to end. If it was only me, he would had tried to talk me out of it. Yet he had not.

I wasn't hurt from his lack of interaction with me. It was a reflection of how I tried to avoid being near him. Everyone who was friends with us knew what it was, yet they were smart enough to leave it. Was it smart to had left it the way it was? Maybe. But I couldn't be sure since I'm part of the subject in question.

Today it the first day of our last week as seniors on our high school. On the weekend, I contemplated on how to talk to him. Even if I waited almost ten month to gather my emotion into some glorious speech. I knew what kind of speech it would be.

It would start with a thank you and end with a goodbye.