Entry 23: Intuition

Now you know the lie I've kept saying to myself. Now you know that his untimely hello weren't just a coincidence. I waited for the hello to come. It had always been a front with everyone around me, a mask I put up because I didn't want to admit that it was me. That I wanted to know him more.

We were at a point in our relationship where we aren't sure about each other's feelings. Couples goes through it, and I've asked my mother about it. Never in a million years I saw myself walking up to my own mother and strike up a conversation to talk about my love life. But from her worried expression, she knew it would happen. At times like this, you'll need a mother's intuition.

The talk didn't last long and quickly got straight to the point. "Do you love him?"

I would have though the question to be cliche and cheesy, being heard it repeatedly from all the romantic movies and novels being written. But the question wouldn't feel that why when it is asked at the right moment. It was a question one would have to go through if you doubt someone you love.

Do I love him? It was short and simple question. A question I couldn't verbally reply yet deep down I knew the answer.

I wouldn't be contemplating about anything regarding to him if I hadn't felt an ounce of love. Do love him?

I do.