Entry 16: Monthsary

The day started like any usual school day. After dating him for a month now, we both had this premeditated routine. In the morning, he picked me up from my house with his second hand truck. From there, at times, we stopped by a few of his friends or mine's houses that were closest to us. But it wasn't the case that day.

Once we got to school, things got a bit unusual. I didn't want to admit it out loud but I never expected the day had any special meaning until he made it special. Why do people celebrate monthsary anyway? It's nothing special if you passed a month after month being with someone you choose to have a relationship. But then, in the generation I think it would be miraculous to stick to your first boyfriend long.

That day he just dug his own death bed. For one, it would set the tone on what I would expect for our next monthsary, and if lucky, our anniversary as a couple. It would be vain to expect a lot from someone.

Sure, the roses and the chocolate he gave me before the grand moment happened was something. But all expectation was washed away when I saw what he had given me. It wasn't anything flashy nor grand. What was special about it was he knew what I wanted get - to be exact - hear from him. For the next monthsary, I didn't expect the grand gesture anymore. I only expected that he would be there to give me another day to smile brighter.