Entry 28: Just You

I don't know how long has it been since I last heard his name being spoken. Maybe it was because I flew across the country for college, and only just came home for the christmas vacation. When I got out of the house and my friends from high school heard about my return, they all but dragged me to our usual coffee shop.

The sense of familiarity was great. From the smell of the brewing coffee, down to the usual booth were we used to sit after school. It was wonderful seeing them after all this time. Though I admit, I had failed to remain contact with them regularly. But only because they were still close to him until now. My sometimes regular visit to their social media account showed that fact.

For the first fifteen minutes after we got each a drink in hand, they were engrossed with my life. But then, they started talking about their stories. Though I love catching up what they had done since I left, I didn't want to hear his name mixed with it. But they didn't seemed to feel it would bother me.

Maybe my lack of reaction to the topic hinted that I might have moved on. A year not hearing from him, I should have moved on. But the smallest of thing reminded me of him. It was a constant torture I wouldn't want to relive. Yet here it was again, a direct hit.

After the torturous reunion, I though I wouldn't be hearing anymore from him. But as we walked out of the coffee shop, we bumped into him walking in. I felt a sudden jolt in my chest - though I didn't want to sound cheesy and unrealistic - everything did somehow slowed down when our eyes met. 

His expression mirrored my own. 

Even after all this time, it was always just you.