Chapter 2:The Special Breakfast Gathering

When they opened the door, what they saw was that Dr.Light was wearing a apron,  with lots of dirty splashes on it. He even wore Roll's baking gloves, which, obviously, too small to wear. There was even slight sweat on his head.

"Dad, you make today's breakfast?!?" Roll was surprised, as that was her job every morning before.

"Oh, you have been always slept terribly these days...so I decide to made breakfast for us all from now on. Besides, as both you are to be praised in such quiet but important breakfast session by our friends in war, Roll, you are the great robot fighter as Rock, not just a house-keeper."

Big smile appeared on Roll's face, with lips open to show her lovely white teeth, while Rock smiled slightly shylishly. "Thanks, dad! But... There's something I and bro wanna tell ya..."

"Which is?"

"Dad, you know I have been Megaman, fighting for justice against evil, and Roll has followed my path to become my fighting partner Hypergal. But this war worn us out totally, countless disasters, multiple strong killing robots, intense timing... not only we feel gulity for those whom we unable to rescue, but also we were too close to be destroyed... In the last battle, we blast out all our energy to destory those robot to escape, but we were too tired to land properly. Instead, our jets died out and we fell to the ground heavily, and our final memory was looking each other who laid in the top of debris, broken and in great pain...."

"We miss the day when we were two simple child robots, no fighting but having safer and simpler lives and had lots of fun. Isn't war over? Please, dad, we had enough! We don't want to be Megaman and Hypergal anymore, could we give up our weapons and armors and just be simply Rock and Roll?"

"Pleasssseeeeeee?" The twins' eager request in both their words and eyes shocked the old professor in silence for a while. After reflecting, tears fell from his eyes in regret.

"Sorry my child...My fault..." Said Dr.Light. " I have let you suffer so much by making you fighting, given you so much burden...From today, you will be disarmed and you will never fight or worry again, but a robot twin with no worries anymore."

"Really dad?"

"I promise..." He hugged his robot kids. "You're always my children. And let's join the gathering in dining room."

"Hey dad, take off your cooking apron and gloves! Didn't you say some friends are also here?"

"Oh yes, thanks Rock, I have just forgotten to take 'em off."

As the family enters the dining room, the breakfast by doctor, which was not too bad, was all on the extra large dining table for special occations only, the guests had waited them for a short  while on the table, all are great friends of Lights:

Claudia Galleano, Jack Ernest, Leo Lumumba, Halide Ertegun and Zheng Qingli, Leaders of Zapatista Rangers who played a big rule in the victory of the war;

Doctors Emily LaLinde, Issac Bethume, Russell Asagi, Dimitri Malinov Dovontovich and Kim Chang-Hyoek, best robotic, military and engineering scientists who got lots of ideas and got them implemented;

Henry Huxley, Otsuka Ken, Wu Xiaolin, prominent medical experts with multiple operations saving thousands of lives from death;

Mark van Rossum, Suhulu Khama and Kathy Matsumoto, leading software system developers, supported by Sudra Ramanujan, the genius mathematician;

Agnes Kelemu, Samuel Walsingham, Misha Dzerzhinskaya and Sahle-Work Zewani, Cyber-attack Professionals who organized the intelligence agency for the liberation side: "Secret Liberal Association";

Eddy Ali Johnson,  Nguyen Thi Bao Chau, Juan Villa, James Debs, Sylvia Artigas, Pierre Voisin, Olof Zeider, successful union and collective organizers who managed to educate worker and peasant class to understand and master advanced techniques for self protection against the evil group that threatens them in the war, and many of them have participated resistance groups including Zapatista Rangers, delaying enemies' expansion through unfixed guerrilla warfare;

Charles Lesage, Alexander Mackenzie, Olivier Hanon,  Nessia Ding, Rahul Badev, former government and company officials who fully joined the revolutionary side throughout the war through participating and leading militas like Bastille Brigade and Bolivar Alliance in all important battles;

Transport and supply coordinator Fernando Nocetti;

Financial coordinator Rabin Hutt;

And finally,  Material science guru Shelly Douglas Singh.

Obviously, it would be a task to prepare even a simple breakfast for so much guests. "Dad?! How could you prepare breakfast for so many guests?"

"Hoho, Roll, Dr. Otsuka, Wu, Dovontovich, miss Nguyen and I have worked together for the breakfast with your dad, which was quite a challenge for us who used to deal with laboratory or industrial equipments." Said LaLinde, who had been one Light's top project partners before Rock's creation. "The reason why we are here is to celebrate your twins' achievement for the victory against fascist militas groups. Without you, we could not find and arrest those top criminals who dreamt for slavery!"

"Cheers for you both, magnificent robot children!" Every guest toasted for Rock and Roll, but all Lights were mixed in their smile. They did are proud of it; however, they wanted to give up what have brought them such pride, which had been a nightmare and burden too much for them.

James Debs, the straightforward trade union leader still could not end his shock and ave:  "Why, when I look at you, you just live like normal human children, but it surprised me that you were made more than a decade ago in such an advanced level! And I still could not believe myself when I saw you blast out hundreds of attack machines in strong light blast! Doctor Light, you ingenuity is amazing!" He stood up and warmly shook Thomas' right hand.

"Thanks James, but without you and your labor comrades' support both in fighting and equipment, and other friends' assist in different ways, we could not have this breakfast today." Dr.Light said in sincere gratitude.

"Speaking of breakfast, today's breakfast is just OK. when I was personally invited to here for breakfast, Roll's cooking abilities was outstanding that she could push all cuisines into best taste, especially Shunde beef porridge, my, what a miracle, even better than ones made by Cantonese professional chefs!" Said Kim Chang-hyeok. "Also, it seems Rock was not so good at cleaning, knocking vinegar all over the kitchen table." This made Roll smile wildly and Rock smile awkwardly in embarrassment.

"You say zat, but Rock is ze best mechanics for the laboratory, and he resolved a key hazard in my quantum measuring device with his swiss-army knife hands, otherwise it would blast me to see Jesus! And he is an excellent footballer before the war, speaking of which, boz him and Kalinka joined ze U-19 junior team for Man City, winning ze league title unbeaten 9 years ago! Garry Nerville told me he was shocked to see such proformance by two eight-year old kids among a bunch of nasty and powerful teenagers! However, Kalinka got bored of it and followed my steps to do science."

This time is Rock's turn who smile wildly. "Yeah, She has made so much achievement in multiple fields now."

 "Now is her researching project raises me, not I raise her!" Russian Scientist laughed. " She's also invited, but she is now late with our own robot driver Natshenka from Southend and get stuck on M25." 

"Ah, hope she could come here before breakfast ends!" Rock sighed.

"So do I." Said Dovontovich. "Dr. Shelly Singh wanna discuss latest details on ze testing of a new compound material zat has potential to be applied for newest design for space aircrafts with my daughter."

Zeider, Lesage and Ding, who are now prominent generals in the new temporary administration council, said to Dr.Light:

"Now we'd like to ask you something important..."

"Yes?"

"...about your kids..."

Twins' eyes open wildly in worries.

"Oh no..." They thought. "What would that be?"