Chapter 11: Sir Cardboard Knight

Before Dr.Light went to the teaching building to meet Dovontovich, he drove his car into the nearby research building's garage, where Kalinka have been waiting for the twins,with Natshenka, who just had been equipped with three legs wearing shining sliver boots.

"Nice design, better with your father's armour bought from a former German peer!" Natshenka was in great excitement, making request to her creator. "Can't you ask him for those?"

"Shaddap, dear! There's more important thing: I have to look after Rock and Roll! And dad is busy with his job, so not until evening!" Kalinka suddenly had her eyes open in greatest range as she saw the car approaching. "Oh my! They're coming!" 

Thomas opened the car door to get Rock and Roll out. This time, it's Natshenka who got slightly annoyed and Kalinka could not resist her eager, dashed in front of the old man, giving him a big surprise.

 "Ho ho Kalinka, you are so eager to meet them again just after less than a week?"    

"Yeah! Natshenka has got her dreaming legs, and I'm not only eager to see them, but also want them to play with Natshenka more!" This  made the robot guard smile wildly with the twins with great satisfaction. "Yeah sis, I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY WITH THEM!"                    

"Glad to see this. Oh, time to go for business, your dad is waiting for me. Please take care of them and I'll take them back after afternoon tea. Kids, use your new identity now and be careful."

"OK, Mr.Light!""OK, Dad!" 

As the car had gone, Kalinka brought them to her office. There're lots of books there, and new materials have been laid in the closet, ready to be experimented. The only thing that the twins were slightly interested is a chart of human body anatomy, but generally, they are too used to these. They just started to talking about the steel boots on Natshenka's legs, and Natshenka explained why she chose three legs to twins in joy.

"Ah,just can't wait for the full armour on myself!" Natshenka's mind was lost for the knight armour. Rock blinked on his sis, receiving Roll's naughty smile that hides the secret that only they knew. 

"Ah Natshenka, don't you mind we leave for a while?"

15 minutes later, the twins returned with the "armour" they made for Natshenka, with cardboard that covered in tin and aluminum foil. "Do you like our gift for you?"

Natshenka bursted into laughter. "Why yes, that's wonderful from you! I'll give it a try." She looked at the mirror after she tried on. "Wow, really nice! How do you think of it, sis?"

Kalinka, who just had completed her teaching document, stared at her shining guard."Rock and Roll's idea?"

"Yup!"

"Really beautiful!"

"Thanks sis, and are you free now?"

"Free before the science lecture for the primary school next to train station. What do you wanna do?"

"Could I hang out with you wearing these?"

"Isn't that too informal  outside?"

"Ah sis, but this outfit isn't that bad, it's pretty enough to hang out!" Natshenka turned to the twins who were cheered by the satisfaction of their primary handcraft from their latest friend. "Don't you think so?"

"Yeah! Look how happy she is!" The twins responded cheerfully when Natshenka enjoyed looking at the mirror, in which she wore the glitering "armour", bathing in the midday sunlight of northern Scotland. Her smiled in great satisfaction, even the armour was simple and rough due to the limited time, she still felt that she had gone to the era of Thirty Years' War as a knight, marching towards the heavy enemy forces, charging across the crowded battlefields, avoiding the nasty arrows, jumping ups and downs, resisting all opposite warriors' attacks, and overcoming them with her swords...