Chapter 10: The solo wandering

The twins felt very disappointed, looking each other with frowned eyebrows. Our old bro Blue, or Protoman, hasn't been in touch for years, still wouldn't wanna come back with us! The twins felt bored and sad, getting on the shore and entered doctor's car, just 40 minutes in the lake.

"What, Loch Ness isn't of fun?" asked Thomas

"Well dad, we could have swum for hours, if we had not seen..."

"The monster?"

"...Blues." The twins kept their head down, while the doctor got totally shocked upon hearing it. "How....how so?"

"We saw Blues was also swimming in there, we called him as we wanna play with him. But, he just got scared and ran upshore and disappeared in the woods." 

Doctor sighed. " Blues has always been so alone for years..." Tears fallen fallen from the risen face of the old man. "It's my fault..."

He remembers what happened to his first son: A result of military project initiated by Westpoint commitee and the operation between him and now retired Wily, Blues was the first advanced fighting humanoid robot, and Thomas wanted keep him as his son, taking him to multiple concerts and parks. When Blues was forced to show himself to the army, a sudden fault from his power generator leading to his collapse, as he was reawaken, Doctor realized that he needed to redesign the power generator to save Blues, which needed to erase his memory and maybe change in personality which reached Blues' ears, deeply hurt his heart, though doctor never meant to do that. When doctor realized his inappropriate words, Blues left to live on his own in the rest of his life. After a period of loneliness with kindness, Blues wanted to get repaired, but gave up as he saw Rock and Roll became the main bone of his life. He faced his death in the Amazon forest, but rescued by Wily, who turned him a key warrior for his evil plans, fighting against Megaman. However, when Wily forced him to kidnap Kalinka Dovontovich, who was just a small girl, his conscience made him realized that Wily had done too far, thus he left before Wily was defeated, with no news of him anymore. Thomas want to tell his eldest son that he didn't meant to hurt and discard him, but just want to give him two younger siblings to play with as he created Rock and Roll. This had made Thomas feel guilty of himself for years. 

But now, for the Lights, they could do nothing. They knew that Blues wanted to remain his individuality, and any intentional search could only make him more distant from them. Also, today they had to go to the town as Professor Dovontovich and Thomas, had been arranged for the speech on industrial observation, and the twins would be protected by Kalinka, and Natshenka.

Now back to Blues. He dashed upward in the forest for an hour, fearing to be observed by any robot hunter or any bad pubic member. He wanted to remain his individuality and don't wanted to reunite with Lights now, as for him, it's really hard to accept the man who had wanted to sabotage his personality programming as dad, though he knew Thomas just wanted to save him. But he wanted to see Kalinka again, the human girl who used to love him, as the last time was five years ago, when she was a still before her teens. 

As he felt that there would be no one surround him, he stopped his steps and sat under a tree, whistling the tune made by himself, as he had been to multiple concerts before him departure from Dr.Light. Clean, joy with a bit of naughty, the tune quietly spread  across the woods before fading away, making Blues feel relaxed. After the tune was finished, he hummed another song he like: Waltzing Maltida.

"Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, you're coming Waltzing Matilda with me...."

However, he noticed that his voice was getting smaller and smaller. As his was confused, he tried to lift his hand, but he couldn't raise it as easy as before. One thing came to his mind: My power core is coming to its end. When he was loyal to Wily, Wily replaced the old malfunctioning power core with a new one. It does not guarantee that it could not fade out, but it would not have the possiblity to explode that the first one had. Now, for him, it's all over. This time, alone in the forest, he regret that he didn't follow the twins, at least he wouldn't be lonely, but it would be heartbroken for them. He miss Kalinka too, whom he saved and the best friend ever for him, for every month they met for spilting all their secrets out and kept for each other, before a funny leave he made for her. He looked at the sky, reminding all his past, with his iconic sunglasses falling on the ground. The vision is his blue eyes are getting more vague, before he sunk in total darkness...

"Ahh!" Blues was awaken again by the light reentered his eyes. He looked at himself, where he was connected with multiple wires and pipes on where his power core supposed to be. He found himself in a small lab, modified from a normal bedroom with windows facing to the Loch Ness. "What...what happened? ain't I supposed to be dead?"

"Well, maybe not so fast." A woman wearing a lab coat stepped inside, followed by a girl with brown hair wearing the green shirt.

"Miss LaLinde? Tempo?" Blue said.

"Well, Tempo accidentally found you lying unconsciously in the woods when she was doing land investigation. She called me immediately to get you in our house nearby. It seems your power core has broken, so we have to support your life in this way until a safe power core that would not fail would be made for you."

As Tempo saw Blues eyes, she was shocked that it was so pretty. "Wow, how beautiful eyes you have!" This made Blues blush, which made him remember his sunglasses. "Where're my sunglasses?"

"The sunglasses were broken when I found you, but you can get a new one when you are fully recovered and ready to go. Do I have to call Dr.Light to here?"

"Oh no, neither him nor the twins...but could you call Kalinka here, and just her alone?" Blues requested.

"Sure, I'll call her, and I think she could come tonight. But some of my projects have to be monitored, so Tempo, would you like to look after Blues for me?"

"Yes mom!" As Dr.LaLinde left, Tempo just kept looking in Blues' eyes. They were so beautiful that she was just fascinated about it, smiling. "Sorry, I have never see your eyes before. So lovely and lively they are."

"Oh no..." Embarrassed Blues said to himself.