Chapter 8: First Days in New Home

It had spent three days for Lights to arrange their belongings and furniture in their new home. With big windows and wide rooms, every morning when the twins got up, the chirping sounds of birds and the fresh cool air in the north always made them refreshed. While there were two weeks before the lab being ready, Dr.Light had initiated the plans for further researches, as well as the outline for the course he was prepared to taught to the university undergraduates, which was the compatibility between software and hardware, one of his multiple fields that had achieved significant breakthroughs. Since this was his first time in teaching, the Dovontovichs offen assisted him when they returned from the town in the downhill. The kids, meanwhile, have spent lots of time wandering around the woods and see different spicies in there. They had wanted to go down the hill for the Loch Ness to try fishing, but the  doctor said they were unready to go out they estate. They wanna play with Kalinka again, but since Kalinka had obtained her doctor's degree in Stanford and become the professor in the university, the only way to meet her was in occational nights, where they could play different cardboard games with her in her house. The reason was that she had to complete her teaching and researching in university in daytime and some weeknights, leaving them had no choice but to sang poems and plays by Shakespare, if they were not helping their creator in testings and fabrication of samples for his personal or unfinished university-arranged plans.

More than a month had passed. The national mourning ended up in the funeral for the fake bodies in the Cathedral of St.Pauls with blessings from all religions, which annoyed General Zeider who spoke to ITV1 reporter about John Lennon's irreligious belief and music, after a long march around the Greater London county three and a half weeks ago, but the fake death of them still remained top of the top in media searches for at least a week. The popularity has finally faded to nearly null right now as everyone had searched everything else and all stages, rituals and parties for the twin's death had ended, and all the trashes, posters and souvenirs had been cleaned up and recycled. People continued on repairing the severely damaged homelands, apart from Highlands, which was not destoryed a single bit over the years of hardship. However, Rock and Roll still were forced not to leave the estate. The breakfast and dinner are made by Dr.Light, which were a bit dull, since there would be at least 50% of breakfasts would be cereals and poached eggs while the traditional bolognese pasta had the possibility of 80 percent to appear on dinner table, so the twins were concentrated on making Knafeh for lunch, using the recipe given by miss Ertegun. Dovontovichs and Light himself were often busy in the university downhill, leaving the twins got tired of playing as they could only play each other without anyone else, which was quite boring. They wanted to get out to visit Inverness and Loch Ness, maybe play with other human kids, more eagerly.

Finally, in a Sunday morning, the Lights had breakfast together, when doctor finally made a full continential breakfast for all. The twins could actually ate all kinds of human food as their stomach could convert them into energy efficiently with fluids that could break down the food to gas to the additional generator. When they started to eat, Rock asked:

"Dad... Why we still couldn't go downhill?"

While Roll looked him in eager, Thomas remembered what he was supposed to do for his child, which he had prepared a lot that week.

"Oh my...I am about to talk about it. As we together faked your twins' death, you couldn't get out cos that would raise people's curiousity, causing more troubles for us. Also, though now I am assured that everyone had no consideration on you, it is still possible that anyone detected that you are the old Rock 'n Roll, which may raise some attension from the bad guys to use your old super power, even now you don't have. Like you, I want you to enjoy your new days in highlands freely, but I think more preparation would be needed, as you have to hide your old identity."

"What, another full body mechanical structure operation?"

"Not that big, Roll. Just small changes, as your bodies have been able to produce heat on full surface and you still are able to run fast with your legs." Doctor replied. "You have fully simulated human children of 8 years old in appearance, as I adjusted your eyes in London, ensuring the normal function while changing the appearance of the iris so no one could tell the difference with human eyes. Now Rock is okay and Roll, you now just need to get rid of your green ribbon and release your ponytail, as that would be useful for avoiding being recognized."

"Whaaaat? I love my pretty ponytail!"

Light sighed. " My dear, the ponytail you have was so iconic in the war that if it could not be released, you could have more difficulty in disguising yourself as a normal child."

"All right, for the new life." Roll shrugged before unknotting the green ribbon that released the old ponytail. Her slightly long hair spreaded out like a wave to both sides of the body, in pleasant rhythms. Now there was a golden smooth waterfall sliding from the top of her head, following her neck and spine, flowing over to the bottom of her waist, reflecting the golden sunshine rising from the east in moving spots.

"How do I look like, bro?" Roll asked.

"Even more beautiful than before," Rock answered while amazed by his sister's new hairstyle, making her sister flushed.

"Well, you have to have new names and never talk about your past when you are outside with others to keep you safe. Do you have any ideas on your new names?"

The twins thought for a moment, as for them, it was too tricky to have a good new name as they had got used to their old ones.

"Emmmm...."

"Why not let me give you some ideas? Rock, would you like the idea of being called 'Lucky'?"

"Why, that's a bloody good name for me! Best luck for me!" Said Rock, extremely satsfied.

"And I would like to call myself Lily, a beautiful name." Roll made her ideal selection, with a great smile."Is that okay?"

"I like that too, sis."

"So, when you are out meeting others, call yourselves..."

"Lily and Lucky."

The family laughed together in satisfaction on the table, and ate the breakfast. They still felt that they were still hungry after those delicacies, so they added some omelets and more apple juice.

Thomas tried to stood up for the kids before Roll halted him. "Dad, I wanna make breakfast for all again, and I am more professional in cooking. Let me make the dishes now."

"No, sis, let me do it, I can could the dishes too and you are my sis, let me serve you!"Rock said to his sis.

"No bro! Let me do it!"

"Well, how about making a luxury 3-person size omelet with spinach, Mozerella cheese and Iberia ham in the fridge, and do you want some Cantonese sweet milk pudding?"

"Yeah! we still have appetite for both!" The twins said together.

" Why not prepare these things together?""Yes!"

The family went to the kitchen, walking to each other's side, in a jolly mood.