Chapter 9: Shadows on the Waves in the Loch Ness

Well, for the twins, there's a bit more for them to prepare. It's nearly winter, so despite robots have no fear of cold, they have to wear think boots, big down jackets, fur hats and gloves to avoid further suspection. After wearing them all, the twins are finally ready to leave their home for some small fun for first time.

As the autumn sun slightly rose from the top of the east bank of the lake, Thomas Light drove down the mountain, taking the twins with him. Autumn leaves nearly all fallen off from the trees, leaving the naked branches spreading up from the root. Sheeps were wandering on the vegetation, leading a leisure trip of their own. The Shepherd and dogs were following them in a  relaxed mood. The scene would not be so harmonious in Hammersmith for worsening the congestion there, neither in Chipping Norton where a notorious car host would be driven mad by these expensive and disobident sheep, which ended up swearing on TV.

After a while, Thomas drove the car to the bank and the twins got out. They stared at the dancing waves of the loch,  before they jumped into the loch to enjoy swimming, as their having enjoyed it for years. They first dived for over 10 meters before they floated up, asking the doctor, who stayed on the shore: " Dad, would it be possible for us to see the mystirical monster of Loch Ness?"

"I don't know, as there's no very useful evidence for its existence now, but you can find by yourselves. Don't swim too far and be careful, I don't wanna lose any of you." Thomas smiled.

"Okay, dad!" The kids dived down again this time, as their looked more carefully with their eyes, which were able to be adjusted for underwater vision as their eyes could light up, providing the light that the water in deeper levels is lack of. They twins swimmed around for nearly half an hour, finding no monster but some fishes. They flowed back to the surface again, with their eyes returned to normal level, looking each other in disappointment.

"Finding anything suspicious, Rock?" " Nah Roll, how about you?" "Neither did I, bro!"

Suddenly, a black spot appeared on the horizon of the lake, which caught the twin's attention. Would that be the monster in urban legends? 

"Rock, shall we have a look?" "Emmm... Why not?"

The twins started to swin in the direction of that dark dot, which became larger and larger, but in a vague black shadow floating with the waves, dancing up and down in the bathe of the morning sunlight. 

"Hello?" Rock shouted toward the shadow.

"Shhh! You're sacring the monster away!" Roll stopped her brother shouting.

Seems to sence the existence of the twins, there's a strong move of the shadow, which lead the twins in fear, worrying the monsters want them as the lunch. However, the shadow immediately dashed towards the shore.

"Follow it!" Said Roll, as the twins swam towards the escaping shadow. The shadow made a sudden boost in the lake, accelerated to the bank before the twins realized that. The twins were still in the middle of the lake when the shadow got out of the lake and ran into the forest. 

The twins looked at the figure far away, which was out of there expection. It was a humanoid figure, wearing red and grey clothes and helmets, and it turned his head, showing his face with a pair of black sunglasses on the place that supposed to be eyes.

"Blues?!?" The twin couldn't believe what they've seen. It's the Blues or Protoman, the long missing brother of the twins. "Hello, Blues? We're Roll and Rock, could you hear us?"

Upon hearing the twin's calling, Blues turned his head back and disappeared into the woods instantly.