Chapter 4

Wow so many animals showed up for the auditions I did not expect this but considering the prize money everyone will take their shot. Even the news is covering this live.

"Mhmm no I don't think I can do this, I should just go home before I embarrass myself."Meena said.

I could see that she was nervous but I know she can do this, its her chance to shine.

"You know alot of mambe panbe animals are saying Its AbOuT TrYiNg,no that prize money is mine!"said this white mouse.

"See even he thinks I can't do it."

"Hay! Dont listen to him, cause we know something he doesn't, you are an amazing singer and you are going in there and singing  your heart out is that clear!"

She nodded and hugged me. "Hay is Max coming ?"she asked.

I shoke my head no. "He said that he had to cover a shift for Macey, one of his co-workers."

It was our turn to make our way into the theater. As we walked in I heard the most amazing voice singing one of my favorite songs.

Won't you stay with me...
Cause you're all I need
They say love is clear to see
But darling stay eith me...

When I got closer I saw a gorilla wearing a black leather jacket, blue jeans and black and white sneakers. His voice was beautiful I hope he makes it in, I'd like to see him perform, his really good.

As I was distracted, it was Meena's turn.

You got this. I mouthed it to her.

She walked on stage and her song started playing but she was sheaking,I tried to get her attention by waving and whisper-shouting her name and as she was about to try that same jerky mouse pushed her off the stage and Bustermoon just went with it.

I ran to catch up with her. "Meena wait!"

She was really upset about what just happened she kicked the tree in frustration and anger and the leaves all fell.

"I knew I was gonna mess this up, why can't I just do it!" She said frustrated and sad.

I just held her hand to give her comfort as she vented her emotions out.

Time skip: 35 minutes later

We walked to the cafe that Max works at, as we walked in we saw him wiping down one of the tables near the door.

" Hay guys! How did it go?" Max asked.

Meena looked down in sadness. "Not that great..." she said.

"Oh Meena..." he gave her a hug.

We explained to him what happened and he just held her closer, we could see how sad she was.

"Hay why don't you ask Bustermoon to give you another chance tomorrow?"he asked.

She looked down alittle and started getting up and heading to the door.

"Hay where are you going?!"we asked.

"Home cause I know he's not gonna give me a second chance." As she ran out the door.

"Meena wait!"I tried going after her but Max stopped me.

"Let her go, she just needs a moment to herself to deal with how she's feeling."

I nodded and decided to just go home.