Chapter 5

It's been a whole 24 hours since I last heard from Meena. I texted her so many times and she hasn't responded or answered the phone when we called.

Now I'm on my way to her house and I see so many animals gathered outside.

"Hay mam what's going on?" I asked Meena's mom.

"Oh Shira its you! Good you can help celebrate with us once Meena gets home!"she said excitedly.

"What do you mean, were did she go?"

"She went to go audition again and we just know she is going to be drafted!"

So they don't know if she got in yet. But still I'm proud of her for giving herself a fighting chance.

I saw Meena walking into the driveway and everyone started celebrating.

Everyone crowded her and I heard her say 'not exactly' when her mom asked her something.

Time skip: 25 minutes later

We were in her room when I asked her. "Ok now tell me what happened."

"Ok well...I went there with a cake I baked for Mr.Moon hoping he'll give me a chance." I nodded as she spoke. "But then he was trying to jump of the ledge to reach the other side, and I helped him, then he said that cause I was handy with my trunk so he asked me to be a stage hand."

"So you sorta kinda are in the show right?"

"Yeah I guess but I really wanted to try and sing infront of a crowd and stop my stage fright."she said.

"Its ok this is just a detour  in the road, that just shows that you will sing in this competition I just know it!"I said hugging her.

"So I'm guessing you are going there tomorrow?"

She nodded. "She you can with me if you want." She said with a laugh.

Time skip : The Next Day

We walked into the theater and I was amazed by all these different animals doing their thing.

"Mr.Moon this is my friend Shira is it fine that she came with me today?"

I  waved at him."Hay."

He waved at me."Oh hello glad you could join us today, you can hang around and help Meena if you want. "

"Ok sure."

I shadowed him and Meena for some of the day.

"Hay Shira can you please go upstairs and get Ms. Crawlie for me."Bustermoon said.

I nod my head and make my way up the stairs.

As I approach the door hear someone playing the piano but they seem to be having trouble with it.

I knocked on the door as I walk in. "Miss Crawlie?"

She turned in her chair and faced me. "Yes dear?"

"Ah...Mr.Moon is asking for you downstairs." I said.

"Oh ok, Johnny you keep practice until I come back." As she made her way downstairs.

I turned to the gorilla who was in the room. "I'm sorry to disrupt your session with her."

He turned to me with a smile. "Oh it cool it atleast gives me time to get the hang of this again."

"Would you like help playing it?" I asked.

"You can play?" He seemed suprised.

I faked offence." Why good sir I'll have you know it was hobbie I had for years. "