twenty two, 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝗈𝗇𝗍 𝖻𝖾

"CARL?" RICK'S VOICE APPEARED muffled through his bedroom door

"Yeah, yeah, I'm up," he said, rubbing his eyes.
It had become a routine that Rick woke Carl up, even if they were going their separate ways that particular day.

He looked to his side, and the events from last night came rushing back to him. Only, he found Jane's side was left empty and cold. His arm lay outstretched where she should've been.

He remembered her getting up in the middle of the night, but he couldn't figure out if she actually came back. She'd probably gone back to her bed, afraid of being caught. Or maybe she was already up and dressed?

Shrugging it off, he smiled at the thought of her cuddled up with him. His heart skipped a beat, thinking about how attractive she'd looked.

It was like she wasn't real, just a figment of his imagination, because she was simply too good to be true.

He got up, a smile nailed to his face. One of his drawers was propped open, and he was a little confused. But, yet again, he shrugged it off. He must've left it ajar last night.

He shoved on his usual: an undershirt, a flannel, and some blue jeans. He looked in his mirror, brushing out his curls a little before applying a new bandage and fixing his hat on his head. Ever since Jane had come back, he took a little more pride in his appearance.

Practically skipping down the steps, he made it to breakfast just a little late. Michonne, Rick, Ellie, and to his surprise: Maggie and Enid sat round there circular dining table. 

"Hey," he said, trying to get rid of his blissful expression - nothing worked.

"What's up with you?" Rick said, pulling out a chair for Carl.

"Nothing, it's nothing." He said, grabbing the cereal box and attacking his bowl with an avalanche of cheerios.

"Hey, Carl, did you see Jane last night by any chance?" Glenn said, trying to keep in a laugh. Maggie kicked him lightly under the table, but smiled along with him.

Carl blushed a deep red, and tried to hide it by looking down at his food. They loved teasing him about Jane, because he went so soft and got embarrassed so easily when they did.

"Actually, have you seen her?" Ellie piped up.

He looked up at her with concern and confusion. Ellie took note of the look on his face and replicated it.
"I woke up and she was gone, I thought maybe she was with you." Carl said, and everyone dropped their forks.

Carl looked around at the groups shocked and/or amused expressions.
"She just had a bad dream and slept in my room, that's all."

"Actually, the same thing happened to me." Ellie said, standing up. "I woke up and she was gone. I thought she was with you."