TATTERED AND TORN

(Trigger Warning) 

 (Trigger Warning) 

~The last time she had allowed herself to give in to her sorrow~

During her first year as a Nomad, Raven carried on with her headlong plunge into darkness. Alcohol and self-destruction had become her friends and bar fights and fucking had become her way to numb the pain.

Too much booze.

Too many men.

Meaningless men that didn't matter the next morning when she would wake not recognizing the man beside her or whose bed she was in. She didn't know if she had willingly agreed to be with any of them. Raven couldn't image in a sober state giving herself to anyone but Jackson. She likes to think that she just blacks out from the copious amounts of whisky and beer she would throw down her throat to make the pain go away.

Her nights were spent in unknown bars on unknown highways after riding from state to state. Clay had banished her from the Mother Charter in an attempt to not disgrace him, his club, or his stepson. He ordered her to ride alone, become a Nomad, or lose her patch. Her patch was now the only thing that she had left in her sorry pitiful life.

After a year her brothers Ink and Happy managed to bring her to the surface and get her to clean herself up. By some miracle, she managed to find her place in the world again.

Not as a wife.

Not as a Mother.

Just a biker on the open road, who looked at everything in the rearview.

~

~Strength isn't always enough when the weight of the world is pulling you under.~

Raven laughs as she recalls how smug they had been about how great their relationship had been. like some kind of lovesickness one couldn't be without the other.  

childhood sweethearts.

Clubmembers.

Mahcanics.

They were always side by side. At club parties, when the members would make shit remarks about their old ladies, Jax and Raven would look over at each other and grin at their fucking solid relationship.