Chapter 9. Part 2 (Mujhe maths nahi aata)

Author's Note:

Guys I want to clear something, Haya is manipulative but not scheming. She is completely different here, Haya actually likes Mahjabeen although she is being petty her schemes wouldn't be much.

I am trying to bring the frenemies arc here.

And how about we start a ship name for Mahjabeen and Murtasim...?

****

It was midnight, Haya and Maryam were sleeping like babies but Mahjabeen was restless. Her excitement had snatched away her sleep although tired she couldn't wait for their walima to arrive. Her imagination and thoughts kept her awake, for the first time she felt nervous and actually thought about what she would say to Murtasim. This was the last time she would see him as a groom, and Mahjabeen wanted this day to be the most memorable day of their life.

Mahjabeen walked towards the dressing table, and stared at her reflection. She grabbed a comb and brushed her hair admiring her own reflection in the night air.

"Itni khoobsurat to hu mai", she whispered and wondered if Murtasim actually had feelings for her. Yesterday night Mahjabeen had shared the jungle incident with Haya but her response again made her doubt Murtasim's actions.

"Mahjabeen agar tumharey bajaye koi aur ladki uski biwi hoti, tab bhi Murtasim yahi karta"

Meaning that there was nothing special about their relationship, her response had destroyed any self confidence she held. Her vulnerability was at the peak as she imagined Haya with Murtasim, in the jungle and them being a married couple.

"Murtasim ek padhi likhi biwi deserve karta hai", those words still haunted her and the hurt stacked up as she tried to erase the image of them being together. Her hands trembled as she picked up the phone and dialled a number. On the second ring he picked up the call, and Mahjabeen requested.

"Chatt pe miley?"

Sensing the urgency in her voice, Murtasim agreed. He quickly got dressed and made his way up to the rooftop, wondering what could be troubling Mahjabeen at this late hour.As he stepped onto the rooftop, he saw Mahjabeen standing near the edge, her silhouette illuminated by the moonlight.

Mahjabeen knew tomorrow was a special day of hers, and showing him her insecure side would further dampen their mood. So she kept quiet not saying anything just sitting on the edge of the roof staring at the night sky. Somehow all those negative thoughts washed away, when Murtasim arrived. In reality she couldn't imagine anyone beside Murtasim anymore, in a short period of time he had taken a significant position in her heart.

"Bas ek raat phir aap mere", she whispered softly reassuring herself, Murtasim laughed and continued her sentence.

"Bas ek raat phir aap meri"

"Aap? Accha lagta hai bola karey", Mahjabeen teased facing him now, Murtasim nodded and responded lovingly.

"Aap bohot pyaari hai", this made her giggle, her doubts from a few minutes ago vanished at his words. Murtasim had no idea how much his words carried weight in her heart, she carried them with her. Mahjabeen wanted to mold herself into a woman who actually deserved him.

"Haan aur?"

She continued with her teasing placing her head on her knees gazing at him instead of the starry sky. Murtasim copied her posture and humoured her.

"Aap ki batein usse pyaari"

"Aur?" She asked bashfully and Murtasim controlled the laughter that was breaking out. He realised she was fishing for compliments by teasing him. Murtasim stared at the blushing face and held her chin repeating the word.