Chapter 22 Part 3 (Zindagi itni Mushkil kyun hai?)

"Mai pass hogayi!" Mahjabeen came rushing out of her school, as she informed him of the news. He smiled, Murtasim already knew the results, that's why he had been excited to see her reaction. And it was worth it, the smile on her face and the bear hug was bubbling with happiness.

"Ab mujhe koi dasvi fail nahi bulayega", she whispered breaking the hug and with an emotional voice told him, " Thank you!" For believing in her, for motivating her when she lost hope and for teaching her everything from scratch.

"Kiski jurrat hogi! " he replied with a smile, his eyes twinkling with love. The woman in his arms was his entire world, he could no longer imagine a life without her.

"Murtasim", she whispered his name, with love. Maybe this was the first time he was glad that his mother named him, Murtasim. The way she looked at him, said it all, as if he was the most precious being in her eyes. Before Mahjabeen he never thought he needed someone's support, he was Murtasim Khan. The gaddi ka janesheen he had it all, but maybe he didn't. Those large brown eyes that gazed him innocently with so much love, cute button nose that she scrunched up in anger and the pink lips that perked up in a teasing smile- she was nothing short of an enchantress. And the best thing, she had no idea about the effect she had on him.

"Kaha kho gaye?" She asked with a smile, he put on his shades and bend down to whisper in her ears, "Man karaha tumhe kahi bhagakar lejao"

Mahjabeen placed her hand on his chest, she had always been intimate never shying away from his proximity. His presence made her feel safe, and comfortable. His cologne tickled her nose, it was rich spicy scent that made her relax.

"Le jaaye", she whispered with a smile and that melted his heart. If his eyes had been visible right now, she would have seen the effect she had on him. Mahjabeen drove him crazy, his heart would start beating loudly in her presence and his cheeks would fluster. He couldn't control his lips from perking up in a smile, he wondered if others too felt the same around her?

"Phirse kho gaye!" Mahjabeen's voice brought him out of the momentary daze, she was leaning on the car staring at him with an irritated look. He seemed to flash out in between of their conversations, getting distracted by thoughts of someone that made him smile. It irked her, what if it was a past girlfriend?

She sulked silently as they entered the car, with her hands around her chest. What if he left her for his so called mehbooba? She couldn't hold it back anymore so she poked his hand to grab his attention, he glanced at her while driving, "Aapki mehbooba ka naam kya hai?"

"Mehbooba?" Murtasim asked a little taken aback by the absurd question, he did had a girl he previously liked but she left him to pursue her dreams of becoming a doctor. But the love he had for her, was nothing when he compared it to the girl sitting beside him.

"Haan jaise aapse pehle mera Rohail-", that name set him off, somehow his name made the beast in him go crazy. He wanted to give that guy two matching black eyes, which he could appreciate in front of the mirror like an art.

"Uska naam bhi mat lo", he ordered his voice carrying an angry tone, but Mahjabeen smirked realising Rohail was his trigger.

"Kyun meri pehli mohabbat thi.. Aap ne hi toh mujhe ghar se bhagaya tha usse shaadi karne ke liye", she said boldly in a sweet voice, he didn't reply just parked the car on the side of the road. It was in the middle of nowwhere, then she saw her husbands face. His vein were visible as he clenched his hand, his face red with anger.

" Gaadi kyun roka?" She whispered as he glared at her and then answered, "Mere andar ke jaanwar ko mat jagao Mahjabeen"

Startled by his response, Mahjabeen realized the intensity of Murtasim's anger. She reached out and gently placed her hand on his clenched fist, urging him to calm down.