Chapter 16 Part 1 (Murtasim aap sofey par mat soye mujhe accha nhi lagta)

Maryam and Mahjabeen stealthily approached the back entrance of Malik Zubair's house, staying close to the shadows. Their hearts raced with anticipation as they prepared themselves for what lay ahead. Maryam's anger fueled her determination, while Mahjabeen's innocent face now wore a mask of determination and wrath.

As they reached the entrance, they exchanged a knowing glance, reaffirming their shared resolve. Maryam gently pushed the door open, and they slipped inside, entering the dark and silent interior of the house.

The sound of their footsteps echoed through the empty halls as they made their way towards Malik Zubair's room. They were careful to avoid any servants or guards who might be patrolling the area. The silence of the house added to the tension, making every creak of the floorboards seem magnified.

Finally, they reached the door to Malik Zubair's room. Maryam's hand trembled slightly as she turned the doorknob, pushing it open slowly. The room was dimly lit, with the moonlight filtering through the curtains, casting long shadows across the furniture.

Mahjabeen remained guard outside as Maryam went in to find Malik Zubair sitting peacefully by the window side.

Tears welled in her eyes as she caught a glimpse of him, his presence evoking a myriad of emotions within her. Seizing the moment, Maryam, with a bittersweet determination, approached him slowly with a smile on her face.

"Malik Zubair, kya haal chaal?" she softly uttered, her voice carrying a delicate blend of longing and pain.

Astonished, Malik Zubair's eyes widened in disbelief. "Maryam? Tum yahaan..." he trailed off, his voice filled with a mixture of surprise as he stood up.

"Ji, aapki kuch cheezein wapas karni thi," Maryam replied, her voice trembling with the weight of unspoken words.

Curiosity mingled with trepidation as Malik Zubair questioned, "Kya?"

Maryam's voice grew firm, laced with a lingering sorrow. "Ye jooti aapne di thi na," she said, her gaze fixed on the ground, her voice barely a whisper.

"Maryam yaar, aankh mein lagegi," Malik Zubair protested, his voice filled with concern, as she removed it and threw it on him.

"Toh lagne do... mere dushman andhe ho accha hi rahega mere liye," Maryam retorted, her voice laced with a mixture of pain and defiance, removing the other one and aiming it at him.

"Maryam, tum kaisi baatein kar rahi ho," Malik Zubair exclaimed, his voice filled with anguish.

Fierce determination etched across her face, Maryam continued, her words slicing through the air, "Aise kyun act kar rahey aap jaise aapne kuch kiya nahi... mere bhai se badla lene ke liye aapne mera istemaal kiya. Mere jazbaat se khela, mohabbat ho gayi thi mujhe aapse... magar aapne toh mere jazbaat aur mohabbat ka qatal kar diya. Pure ghar se ladi thi mai aapke liye, apna college, zindagi, sab qurban karne wali thi. Magar afsos, ye badla zyada pyaara tha aapke liye."

Silence hung heavy in the air as her words reverberated through the room, each syllable carrying the weight of shattered dreams and unfulfilled desires. The truth, once veiled in the illusion of love, now stood naked, exposed to the harsh light of reality.

"Maryam, maine tumhe dhoka kab diya?" Malik Zubair's voice trembled with a mix of confusion and desperation as he looked at Maryam, his face contorted in pain.

Maryam's gaze hardened, her eyes reflecting a deep-rooted anger and betrayal. She took a step closer, her voice laced with bitterness, "Mai ammi ke saath aayi thi uss din, sab suna tha maine." Her words were filled with accusation, emphasizing the deception she had uncovered.