Chapter 24: 《"Work"》

-----------------------------------------------
-=Ink's point of view=-

"I would also like to participate in building new schools!" Goddess Lily protested, slamming the oval marble table with her palm. "I understand, but please listen -" her grace tried to explain, but the twins suddenly interrupted her. "We both would be delighted to join this school building program." Both said in unison, which another voice came up. "If everyone is joining this program, so will I." Goddess Dianne said, leaning on her chair. The bickering continued as everyone kept protesting their opinions. "Everyone! Please hold your protests!" Her grace shouted, silencing everyone. "As I was saying, Ink and I will build a school fit for younger beings to participate and learn. This new school will be built in a new AU I will create soon. Now that all of you wanted to participate in this project of mine, I would say that all of you will build your own school in that new AU. One school will not fit, correct? But with five large schools may fit."

She proudly announced. A moment of silence came until eventually everyone agreed, nodding their head. "Although, there will be enough space to fit, right?" Goddess Lily said in worry, her thorn like horns glimmer along the light from the chandeliers. "Yes, we can add other things there, too." Her grace spoke calmly. Everyone exchanged looks of relief before turning their attention towards me. "What do you say, protector? Are you willing to help her grace with her project?" Goddess Dianne said with a grin. "It sounds fun! Of course I will." I beamed a smile towards them. "Then it is settled. Have you arranged the following plans, Anika?" Her grace turned to her side, eyeing a bunny monster. Well, a human that has bunny ears and tail. I assume she works for her grace?

"Yes, your grace. I have prepared what it needs to be." She said in a warm smile. "Now then, shall we start with the interior designs?" She asked playfully, bringing both her now intertwined hands to her chin. Her elbows rested on the oval shaped marble table. "Let us start!" Everyone beamed out with energy, I snorted a little, and a small laugh escaped from my mouth. Her grace chuckled in amusement, yet her mask made it a little horrifying to see due to the cracks of it. What may be the cause of it to look like that?

~♡~

"That will be a little difficult. . ." Goddess Dianne said. "Why not put one restroom on the second and third floor of the building?" I said as I pointed towards the sketched design of Goddess Dianne. "That sounds much easier." Goddess Lily spoke. Goddess Dianne hummed and nodded her head. Her grace then quickly sketched a restroom on both floors. "And we are finished! Seems we had filled in everything. I will print out a more detailed map of the school. The same goes for the others." Her grace said in relief, letting the pencil she held roll off a few centimetres away of the long white paper. Everyone exchanged confused looks. "What about your design, your grace? Have you had one already?" Goddess Arriane said, leaning closer to her twin sisters' side.

The others eyed her grace, seemingly waiting for a response. "I will keep it a surprise, but since I am creating this new AU with Ink, I hope all of you would be patient." Her grace said. "Anything else that needs to be discussed?" Her grace asked as she glanced at the others, to me, and to the pencil at her side. A moment of silence plastered in the atmosphere. "Alright then," she said, standing up from her chair. "I shall respectfully adjourn this meeting." She declared. I mirrored her actions, and shortly, the others followed.

~♡~

I returned back to my home. Entering a door beside my shared bedroom. The door led to a room with a desk to the right side with an office chair, three sets of big drawers on the desks' side. A closed window with a small pot of a flower with vines loosely hanging, with dark blue thick curtains tied to the frames. The rays of sun faintly glimmered in the room, tainting the white walls an opacity colour of orange. Beside the window layed a soft, deep red cushioned sofa, a dark brown coffee table in front with a small cactus having a small bloomed red flower on top. The small plant was placed in the centre of the table. A book shelf on the side of the sofa was filled with numerous books in different deep colours. A billboard was plastered on the left wall along with a rectangular table on the bottom. The billboard was pinned with unknown pieces of paper with a red string tied to its pin. A medium-sized shelf was filled with many documents and folders arranged neatly. A lamp laid the corner of the shelf, and in the centre were some scattered papers painted and outlined by numerous colours. Paintbrushes topped the scattered papers and a set of gouche paint laid on the near edge of the corner. A paint easel and plastic covered canvases in multiple sizes laid in the corner of the rectangular table.

(Gah, dayum. . .)

I closed the door behind me. I pulled the office chair from the desk and sat on it. I grabbed a notebook and a pen, then flickered the electric lamp to open and brought out a recorder. I prepared my fingers and played the recorder. The device started playing a past conversation I had with the goddesses. I took notes, highlighted words, and taken down quotes. I continued for a few hours and then stood up, letting the office chair roll slowly, bumping on the wall a little. I took some pins from a small box and used my mouth to hold the others. I eyed the papers slowly, then pinned the stack of papers onto the billboard wearily. With the pins I took out was used, i sighed in content and a hint of relief.

"Anika Velvet. . . Ccino said he saw him at his cafe with Error last week. . ."

I whispered under my breath, pinning a piece of paper close to her printed image.

"She works as an assistant for her grace. . . She is mostly in charge of following activities relevant to plans, meetings, and in a journey with her grace."

"Her grace never mentioned Error in conversations. She did once, but only asked about his social reputation. . . She sounded uninterested about hearing his deeds, too."

I muttered, continuously scribbling and pinning more papers.

"Anika was the one who approached Error first from what Swap said. . . The maids said she works overtime as in daily. Cecillia added that she is an old creation from her grace who served her from the start. . ."

I tied the red string in a few pins, using my free hand to take off the lid of the highlighter and layering it in important words.

"Was she ordered to talk to him. . ? If so, on what occasion? Her grace has low interest on him, so why? Did she come to him from free will? On what reason? Is she trying to do something?"

I stared at her image for a few moments, eventually sighing in defeat.

"This information is still not enough. . . I might need help. . ."
-----------------------------------------------
Spoiler:
I may or may not be planning on practice-writing smut chapters. . .

And there will be one soon, but a different ship. Although. . . I will also write(will try) a smut chapter of the protector and destroyer :>

Ba-bye, stay safe.

-A/N