Chapter 31: 《"Talk"》

-----------------------------------------------
-=Narrator=-

With the unexpected pregnancy of Killer, he had backed off from the group a little, which made them worried for him. Some thought he was ill and requested a break, but to Kira, she knew something was off.

She thought of confronting him about it, yet she felt uneasy about it. She had a feeling it would not end well, yet she had to risk it to know her dear companion's condition. She walked hastily towards Killer's bedroom door and knocked three times.

_" Kira. . . ? Do you need something?"

Killer spoke, poking his head out of his bedroom door. Kira noticed that he was hiding his body for some reason, but she decided to shrug it off.

_" Are you alright? How are you feeling?"

Kira asked, flickering her fingers behind her back. Killer noticed her tense fidgeting and thought of asking her about it.

_" I am feeling alright. Do you need something?"

Oh. I guess he decided to ask non-directly.

_" It is just. . . Are you really ill?"

Killer halted for a moment and thought what to say next. The more the seconds passed, the more Kira grew nervous.

_" Come in."

Killer finally spoke, letting the door creek slightly as he disappeared behind the door. She entered wearily, grabbing the doorknob behind her and closing the door gently with a small click. She noticed a plush dark red like flesh under Killer's daisy white bones, along with a small glow on his lower slate grey sweater. Killer turned to his heel to meet his companions' haunted expression.

_" It was quite obvious, correct?"

Killer said nervously and chucking awkwardly after. She nodded slowly, her face etched slightly quizzical(questioning/confused)and brooding(anxious and/or gloomy).

_" I think it is quite better to take a seat than standing."

Killer gestured to a wooden chair beside a small desk in front of a window, which was beside his bed. The desk was occupied with a slim crystalline vase with a soft snowy blue and white bell-like flowers with its edges faintly glowing. A small shelf hovered with a pad of paper, books, and a rectangular box holding multiple coloured pens along with sticky notes sticked to its small supporting pillars. She sat on the chair and felt a wave of cool air from the flowers. She looked at flowers with a small smile as she returned her attention to Killer, who sat on the bed in front of her.

_" You see. . . I may have got myself. . . Pregnant."

Killer huffed, a slight calm and frightened expression etched on his face. A vacant look rested on Kira's face, followed with a few blinking every ten seconds. A moment after that, her face was flushed, a hand covering her mouth along with her nose.

_" Calm down, I will expl-"

_" -N-no need to. . ."

Kira hurriedly spoke, recalling an 'incident' that rested at the back of her thoughts, only to be brought back once again.

_" A-alright. . ."

I responded, slightly worried but also relieved mixed.  Silence hovered between us once again, slowly getting awkward.

_" So, have you thought of any names for them?"

Kira asked, rubbing her thump on the hem of her shirt. I thought for a moment, I recall Nightmare suggesting some, but we both never decided on any.

_" Nightmare did give suggestions, although we both have not decided on an actual name to give."

_" Really? Hmm. . . Can you elaborate on some?"

_" Some female names were Rhiane, Tia, Miracle. Some male names that he suggested were Norman and Jasper."

_" Hmm. . . What about Crescent?"

_" Crescent. . . It sounds nice. I think it may be a neutral name."

_" Mm-hmm. The crown that he wears is embedded with a crescent, so I thought it may fit."

_" That sounds wonderful. ."

A moment of silence came with me pondering if Nightmare would like the idea of naming my child Crescent. It sounded wonderful, tho, I wonder how he is now. . .

_" Here, I thought you might like it. . ."

Kira said, handing me a small canvas that had an image of a verdant forest with a waterfall and small purple flowers blooming around the painting. The colours were well blended, and by looking at the waterfall, small silhouettes of orange and grey fishes swam under. It looked wonderful and very pleasing in the eyes if someone with regular eyes would say.

_" This looks amazing. . . Say, is this located on the surface?"

_" Well. . . Used to. That place had a history no one dared to speak off other than my elders."

_" Well, I will look forward to hearing that. . . And so will you."

I said, rubbing my stomach gently with a smile. I laid the canvas beside the crystalline vase and said my goodbyes towards Kira before she left. I felt a slight pulse, and I gently held my stomach.

_" I can't wait to meet you, I wonder who you will look like. . . Well, I have a guess it might be your father. But I have high hopes for you to look similar to me."
-----------------------------------------------