28. Murder on the Mind

Hands to Myself / Ned Stark / Jon Snow / Elia Martell out now!!

'They butchered them as if they were animals they covered our children and pigs and let them on fire. They weren't thieves they didn't steal nothing they even left something behind your grace.'

'He is the king's hand you are addressing not the king' Pycelle said 'the king is hunting.' The man stepped forward dumping out a bag filled with fish.

'Fish... they sigil of house Tully.' Petyr noted. 'Isn't that your wife's house Tully?' Petyr knowing full well it was with a smug look on his face.

'These men were they flying a banner?'

'No you're... Hand. the Man leading them was taller than any man by at least a foot taller than any man I've ever met,' the man told Ned. 'the blacksmiths saw them take the head off the horse with a single swing of her sword.'

'That sounds like someone we know. The mountain.' Petyr clarified. 

"He's doing... well." Cersei offered. 

"He is."  Grace agreed.

"You have forgiven him?"

"Yes. I have." Grace agreed. 

"And everything is fine again?" Cersei pondered. 

"Is Robert gone?" grace questioned. 

"yes." Cersei agreed. 

"Then everything will be fine." Grace agreed. "Did Lancel bring enough wine? You know how Robert gets."

"He brought enough wine." Cersei agreed smugly. Grace tipped her head into her sister as she looked upon Ned on the iron throne.

"He looks good up there. You have to admit it." Grace decided. "Much better than Robert ever did." 

"He does look good up there." Cersei agreed through a sigh. 

"He's... I have to tell father... oh I had an idea, walk with me." Grace insisted linking her arm with Cersei's. 

'You are describing ser Gregor Clegane.' Ned confirmed.

'Why would ser Gregor turn though he is an honored knight?' Pyselle asked

'I heard him called Tywin Lannister's mad dog.' Petyr told them 'I'm sure you have as well. Can you think of any reason the lannisters might be angry with your wife?''

"I can think of a million reasons." Grace agreed as they left. Neds eyes followed her to the back of the room. 

'If the Lannister's were to order an attack under the kings protection it would be-' Pycelle said cautiously.

'It would be almost as brazen as attacking the hand of the king in the streets.' Petyr informed him. Cersei snapped around. 

"Petyr." Cersei scoffed. "He is a weasel. I never know where his loyalties lie." 

"Neither does he, hes team Petyr." Grace agreed. 

'I cannot give you back your homes or restore your livestock but perhaps I can give you justice in the name of our King Robert. Lord Beric Dondarrion. You should have the command send 100 men and ride to Ser Gregor Clegane.'' Ned declared. 

"Oh heavens, that man is going to die." Grace remarked. 

"Aye." Sandor agreed. 

"Your brother is my fathers mad dog, I stand by that statement, he loves to kill, its... disturbing how much." Grace added. 

"Aye." Sandor agreed. 

'As you command.' Beric agreed. Ned stood up cane in hand, taking shaky steps forward.

'In the name of Robert of the house Baratheon the first of his name king of the Andals and the first man lord of the seven kingdoms and the protector of the realm I charge you to bring the kings justice to the false knight Gregor Clegane and all those who shared his crimes. I denounce him I detained him I strip him of all ranks and titles of all lands and holdings and sentenced him to death,' Ned said confidently.

"Oh fuck, look at you Clegane. You are the new lord Clegane, is that a thing? What do you own?" Grace questioned. 

"The fucking stables at Casterly rock." Sandor answered. 

"They are nice stables." Grace offered. Sandor rolled his eyes. "SHould I start calling you lord Hound?"

"Don't." Sandor barked back. 

'My Lord this is a drastic action.' Pycelle informed him, 'it would be better to wait for King Roberts return.'

'Send a raven the castlery rock, master pycelle, inform Tywin Lannister that he has been summoned to court to answer for the crimes of his Bannerman. He will arrive within the Fortnight or we branded an enemy of the crown and a traitor to the realm.' Ned informed them, he nodded to Beric and he was off.

"You like this man?" Cersei sneered. "He is calling father to court for his crimes." 

"Father is not coming to court until Ned's wife is dead." Grace corrected seriously. 

''A bold move my lord and admirable.' Petyr said 'but is it wise to yank the lions tail he is the most powerful man in the seven kingdoms?' Petyr smirked 'Gold wins wars not soldiers' Petyr added

'Then how come Robert is King? And not Tywin Lannister?' Ned questioned.

"Father would like being king." Grace remarked. "Anyways, come on Cersei. I got murder on my mind." Sandor watched them as Grace blew him a kiss. "Lord Hound."  Sandor grumbled a response. 

"Kill Catelyn?" Cersei questioned. 

"It wasnt Ned's doing. We kill Catelyn, not us but you know the lower level killers and then Ned is single and we bind our families together in blood and the north and south are in fathers control, sort of, he will agree to it if I claim the north will be his via me." Grace decided. 

"YOu thought this all out a lot." Cersei remarked. 

"I have. Because I love him. I... I never felt like this before and... I want him forever." 

"Forever is a long time." Cersei remarked. 

"Thats the great thing about forever, you can take as long as you need to get there."