34. This is Love

"That was it?" 

"He is even going to kill Catelyn for taking Tyrion, see already a great king." Grace agreed. 

"You kissed my son?" Cersei countered. 

"Yes that was the requirement." Grace agreed. 

"And Ned Stark-"

"Is going to be his hand."

"GRACE!" Cersei shouted. 

"He is a good man and a good hand and although Robert was an idiot, he was right, ned should be hand, protector teach Joffrey help him succeed until Joffrey is ready." Grace declared. 

"Use your head not your cunt!" Cersei corrected.

"I am and my head and heart and cunt all love Ned." Grace agreed. 

"Heavens!" 

"I love him, this saves him."

"Grace, father will never agree to this." 

"Well father isnt the king. Joffrey is and he already agreed." Grace reminded her. 

"He is my son." 

"And I'm having a child and I would rather my baby daddy not be at the wall or dead!" Grace spat back. "Can't you just... he will stay quiet, he has a good reason to now, he is entangled in this too." 

"He's not entangled if-"

"Stop it, stop it now. I want this baby and I want him." Grace declared. "We are having the trial and Joffrey is going to be merciful and Ned is going to resume as hand and protector. Jaime comes home-"

"And then what? Jaime and I will be-"

"Nothing. You two can go as you were, Ned wont say anything because it will please me."

"Grace." 

"He will keep his mouth shut." Grace assured. 

"What about when his wife is dead, her head on a spike?"

"He didnt seem to care so much about her when his cock was buried in me. I think he will move on." 

"And her children?" Cersei countered, Grace sucked in a tight breath letting out slowly. 

"The world is cruel, Catelyn is not untouchable. Where is Arya?" 

"I dont know, stop changing topics."

"I'm not, Arya is a Stark and her mother will be dead for her mistakes, her actions trying to get Tyrion killed. We are still on topic." Grace decided, she turned on the balls of her feet and marched away. 

"We are not done Grace."

"Yes we are." Grace corrected. 

""Lady Grace," Varys tipped his head to her. 

"Find Arya." Grace demanded. 

"Yes, my lady." Varys agreed nervously. 

"I want her uninjured." Grace clarified her tone softening. 

"Of course my lady." Varys agreed again, a small smile on his round face. 

"Bring her to me, not Cersei." Grace added. 

"Yes my lady."

Grace could run the kingdoms she would be good at it. she would be great at it. She held power here now she just needed to use her powers for good and hope Joffrey didnt back out. 

"Ned?" He sat up looking to Grace. She passed him some more food and water. 

"You are good to me, I should be tending on you hand and foot." Ned remarked. 

"When you are out." grace agreed. 

"Joffrey agreed?" 

"He did, you bend and he will let you be hand again. You will guide him, he wont trust you, you will need to earn that but I think you can be charming." 

"Varys came and said Robb has gone to war to get my back." 

"Heavens." Grace murmured. "My father is going to kill him." 

"Thats what I worry... would you write to your father?"

"He wont back down, he went to war for Tyrion but he will keep fighting if Robb pushes back." Grace corrected. "This is Catelyn's fault, all of this." 

"I know." Ned admitted. 

"She's not making it out of this war alive." Grace informed him honestly and Ned met her gaze. 

"I know." Ned agreed. 

"She took Tyrion, she wanted him dead. No one pulls the lions tail." Grace remarked. "But your son need not continue this war. You write to Robb and I will write to my father."

"You will get me parchment?" 

"I brought it with." Grace agreed pulling it from her cloak and she uncorked the ink, handing over the quill. "I will be reading it before you send it." She added. 

"I would be surprised if you didnt." Ned assured as he started writing. Grace leaned back against the cell door. 

"This is not how I imagined my pregnancy starting." Grace admitted as she tapped her toes together extending her legs on the cold hard floor. 

"No? Me in jail and you unwed? That sounds like every woman's dreams." Ned mused. 

"The unwed part I was sure would happen." Grace corrected and Ned let the quill drip onto the floor. "I wanted children, I dont need a man to do that but meeting you I wanted you and knew I couldnt have you." Grace remarked. 

"You know... I'm going to single again soon enough I suppose." Ned remarked and Grace turned her cheek to look at him. "I love you, I havent loved Catelyn in years, if ever. It was duty but this... this is love."