Chapter 18

Mia's POV

Why is Andy here?
After what he's put me through, what he made me do, he stays here In my hospital room just staring like nothing happened.
Why can't I feel anything? I mean I broke my foot, shouldn't I feel pain?
I let it go.

"When can I leave?" I ask to break the silence.

Andy and Riley look at each other.

"You can leave now" Andy says.

I get up and I feel fine like nothing happened to me.

I feel weird, I just tried to kill myself and I don't feel pain, not even dizziness.

"Let's go" I look at them.

Why do Andy and Riley look so guilty?

Their acting strange.

We walk out of the room and the docter approaches Andy and taps his shoulder. "it'll get better, trust me, you can stop by anytime you want if you want to talk about it" 

"Thank you doc" he gives a weak smile.

What's the doctor talking about?

"I can't" Riley whispers. "I can't keep this any longer, Mia, I need you to come with me you have to know the truth" Riley grabs my hand gently.

Andy pulls her back. "what the fuck are you doing?"

"We have to tell her before she finds out alone" Riley yells.

"B-but, what i-if,  fine, I'll come with you" Andy sighs in defeat and follows.

"Where are we going? What is going on? what are you hiding from me?" I plead for answers.

"We will show something that's going to be hard to believe but I want you to be as calm as possible and not be mad" Riley says with a sad and frightened tone.

We walk in the room and we stop.

"Now, what do you want to show me?" I cross my arms.

Riley and Andy walk over to the bed and pull the covers away from a body, and the first thing I see is my body.

What?

"Is this some kind of joke?! How is my body there when I'm standing right here?! what did you do to me?!" I scream and pull my hair .

Riley bursts into tears.

"We're so sorry" Andy voice cracks and I know he will start crying any minute.

"What did you do to me?! Answer me!" I scream while breathing heavily.

"Your one of us now, we turned you to an angel" and in that moment Andy breaks.

I'm dead, but still on earth.

I'm an angel.

05/11/2016