Chapter 4

“Mommy! Do you know where Daddy hid the scraper?”

Becky whines, as soon as David drives away with Freen in the passenger seat.

That tone reminds Rachel of the little Becky, her baby girl.

She looks at Becky and suddenly, her daughter is three feet tall again, standing by the door wearing leotard and tutu.

Rachel smiled with tears forming in her eyes imagining the eight-year-old Becky walking to her.

Becky has always been the prim princess of the Armstrongs. She never whines unless she wants to do something immediately or to get what she wants.

Rachel knows it, of course, she remembers her daughter whining about enrolling in a ballet school.

Whining about attending the concerts of the groups she likes.

Whining about buying a bigger bottle of ketchup.

Whining about learning how to drive.

Simple things. That is what Becky whines about.

“Ma, you look so weird right now,” Becky says, feeling the weirdness coming from Rachel’s stare.

Rachel closes her eyes and shakes her head.

“Can you give mommy a hug?”

Rachel requested emotional.

Becky gives her a more confusing look.

“I just hugged you earlier,” Becky says.

“But Mommy needs a hug from Becbec,” Rachel acts cutely.

Becky gave her a disgusting look.

Rachel threatens her daughter by narrowing her big eyes.

“You know that does not work with me, Ma. Now can you please tell me where did Daddy hide the scraper.” Becky says impatiently.

Rachel rolls her eyes.

Something has never changed, Becky being demanding about the things she wants to accomplish.

“It should be somewhere in the garage. Why did you need it?” Asks Rachel curiously.

“Need to scrape that wall inside my room.” Answers by Becky seriously.

“Really? You are.... scraping it. Why?” Asks Rachel in disbelief.

“What do you mean why?” Becky dissents.

She questions her mother on why would she ask such question, isn’t it obvious?

Why Becky wants to scrape the wall off.

She answers anyway, thinking that her mother really has no clue.

“It makes Freen uncomfortable.”

Becky looks in another direction turning a bit red.

Rachel knows what Becky meant, and that made her smile. Becky loves Freen.

But then, she thought of something.

“And you told her that?”

Rachel questions, putting herself in Freen’s shoes if David said that to her. She will fire up in jealousy.

“Told who? What?” Becky asks innocently.

Rachel shakes her head and sighs in frustration, sometimes even her does not know why Becky is so oblivious.

“Did you tell Freen that you want to remove the wall of MindBecky because she looks uncomfortable?”

Rachel clarifies emphasizing every word.