Chapter 11

“Be my girlfriend.”

Mind directs Becky.

She looks straight into Becky’s brown orbs.

Confident that today marks the day that Becky and she will no longer be the childhood friends they are.

That today marks the day that Becky will be her person and she will be Becky’s person.

She does not care if they are just graduating from high school and if they will separate for college. Actually, that is the more reason why she wants to be with Becky.

Mind had been in love to Becky even before she even knows what love is, and she is sure that Becky is feeling the same thing.

So, she brought Becky in Nami Island to witness the golden leaves.

They are currently in the middle of the infamous verdant sky scrapper trees.

And to make it more romantic the wind strongly blows and the golden leaves fell from above.

Swaying with the wind.

Falling around them as if the trees are blessing them.

Becky can’t think.

Mind’s words caught her off guard.

All she can do is look at Mind in shocked.

“Girlfriend?” She questions with her voice shaking.

Mind answers with an excited nod.

Becky starts to contemplate about Mind. On what she feels about this neighbor she grew up with.

Becky has always treat Mind nothing but being friends, she does not even know if she likes her at that level.

She reviews the signals that she had been sending Mind and she thinks that it is different on how Mind is interpreting it.

Or maybe, Becky is the one who cannot interpret her own feelings for Mind.

Maybe she likes her the way Mind thought she does. How could that be? She tries to dig deeper in her inner self.

She realizes that Mind is the only one that can make her laugh.

She realizes that Mind is the person that leads her life.

She realizes that Mind is the only person she loves talking with.

They also like the same things, from their addiction in online games, to their admiration to animals, to their desire to travel the world and to their passion for dancing.

They are alike in so many ways.

They even finish each other sentences.

They actually think the same.

Their mental synchronization can have but one explanation.

Becky had found her soulmate in the name of Mind.

But are soulmates supposed to be lovers? Becky asks herself.

She knows what could happen in this situation if she rejects Mind there is a possibility that she is losing her only friend.

But if she agrees on to what Mind wants, maybe in the process she will realize that she loves Mind, the way Mind wants to love her.

So, she nods to answer Mind.

Though Mind did not really ask the question she just stated it.

“YES!!!!” Mind shouts the loudest YES, that it figuratively created an Earthquake.