Chapter 10

“People! Time is of the essence. Move! We need to get to the next activity today!”

The dictatorial Rachel commands.

She is the busiest person in the upcoming matrimony of Charlotte and Engfa. She plans everything from the venue, to the guest list, to the food that will be served, to the camera coverage during the ceremony, to the… Name everything that is part of a wedding she got it covered already for her daughter.

Rachel just wants the best for Charlotte.

And also, she wants to experience planning an actual wedding because David and she eloped.

Since David hates people and his identity was complicated he needs to take Jihyo in a suburb area to marry him. There were a judge and a stranger as a witness waiting for them.

The ceremony happened in the forest and the moonlight was their source of light, it was absurd for Rachel but at the same time, it was the most blissful day in her lifetime. David is crazy and Rachel loves all of those about him.

Most daughters will be pressured and will end up disagreeing with their mothers, because as if it is their wedding, not their daughters.

Charlotte is not actually part of the most. She is relieved that she has someone to do all the planning for her. Honestly, she just wants to get the whole thing to be over with so that she can plan her #forever and throw the twenty-year plan she made when Engfa finally agreed to date her.

All she needs to worry about is perfectly delivering her vows that she memorized since her first kissed with Engfa.

“PEOPLE! VAN! NOW!”

Rachel did not need a megaphone to be heard by everyone. She taps her foot on the floor displaying impatience.

“Your wife is really…” Mark was to say some negative remark about Rachel to David but he stops from doing so.

Because David narrows her eyes at him. No one can insult his wife especially not in front of him.

“Really, pretty!” Mark continues. He immediately walks away from the almost raging David.

David looks at Rachel meaningfully from where she is standing.

It had been many years, more than two decades, and he still does not know how he fell head over heels crazy to Rachel.

David was assigned to investigate about the illegal transactions going on inside the Park Enterprise.

He needed to pretend that he is one of the new employees of Park ‘Junior’ Jinyoung. He is a well-known businessman in Asia as he owns the biggest casinos in South Korea. But rumor has it, he is part of some illegal business which is exporting weapons from western countries to the North and China which is a terrorist crime.

David needs to be an intel and get information about the illegal business so they will have an evidence and shut this down before it gets worse.

He was ready to become an administrative assistant inside the corporate office, because that is what he was brief about but he was surprised when he was assigned to be an assistant, not an administrative but an assistant no, he was assigned to be the slave of the spoiled, bossy, demanding and controlling princess of the Saelim.

Rachel Saelim.

David hates her guts. He did not even find Rachel pretty.

Rachel was chubby and her big eyes were not even attractive.

Definitely not David’s style.

Not that he had ever imagined herself liking someone. He is an intel for God sake.