Epilogue

People change. People's hearts change. Relationships change too.

Everything changes sooner or later. Nothing can be the same forever.

A change of heart is the most significant change.

One that affects almost everyone.

And of course 

The one

Changing

"Jaden, can we just go already? I've been waiting for so long. The festival started twenty minutes ago."

"Just wait a second. Trust me. You won't regret waiting."

He really won't. I come out of the bathroom wearing a suit and cactus shaped sunglasses. Quinn bursts out laughing, and I laugh with him.

"You look ridiculous."

Quinn and I have been together for four years now. We're both currently going to the same university and will be going for six years, but it's Summer break and there's a Summer Festival today. We've been waiting for this all year and now it's finally here.

"Okay, let's go now."

I hold Quinn's hand and we leave our house. Yep, we bought a separate house to live in off campus so that we can have alone time.

We get into the car, and I start driving to the festival. The fireworks don't start until midnight, so we still have plenty of time.

"Jaden, do you remember Jinshu?"

"Yeah, what about him?"

"He contacted me recently. Apparently, he got into Yale and is currently doing some business studies there. He said that he's had a change of heart and is a much better person now. He even has a girlfriend. Her name's Ashley and they've been together for six months now."

"Wow, that's nice. Who would've thought that Jinshu, the guy known for using people, would actually have a good relationship. I'm proud of him."

A change of heart, huh. I experienced that too, whenever I met Quinn. He definitely changed me a lot. He helped me see the world a whole lot better. I'm so happy to have him by my side.

"Oh, do you remember my old friend Valeria? It turns out that she helps run a theater in New York. It's actually really popular. There's a play scheduled for all week next week and I really want to go see it and see her. So, we should go."

"Who's paying for this trip?"

"Good question."

We start laughing and I stop to ask Quinn a question.

"Do you have any idea what Sinthia's doing these days?"

"Oh, yeah, she's helping out at her mom's bakery. She plans on running the bakery once her mom becomes too old to do it on her own. I've actually been there a couple of times and it's always packed, but the wait is worth it because the pastries are so good."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

We've arrived at the festival. Time to have some fun.