21. Kate

“Let’s all welcome the lovely last girl on X-Factor.” He said while running his right hand through his messy black hair. “Nice hairstyle by the way, young lady.” Soft chuckles filled the air. I looked at my phone checking the time it was 9 o’clock, on a Monday. Tiredness washed over my face again, and my eye lids started to get heavy, I haven’t had much sleep last night. He again looked up to check the upcoming songs, and then his eyes lay back on the girl across him. “Hello, Grimmy.” A girlish voice chirped, sounding still tired but happy. “So, how are you feeling after yesterday night, I mean it was really exhausting for you?” His lips curled up into a closed mouthed smile. The hair of the girl was jumping around as she nodded. “So did you doubt that you would get to the next stage?” I put my right leg over my left one, crossed my arms to keep me warm and looked at the moderator of The Radio 1 Breakfast Show.

I heard how some Pop song started to play, Nick focused again on his notes before he turned his attention back to me. “Let’s be honest I really thought you’d leave the competition, Mila.” I wanted to rub my eyes but reminded myself that I was wearing make-up, and replied simply, “Yes, tell me about it. I was really surprised that there was a mistake in the counting of the votes.” A happy smile makes his way to my face. “Anyways you look so tired, sweety.” I laughed. “Yeah thanks, you don’t look that awake as I thought.” Now it was his turn to laugh.

Chatting with Nick was unbelievable funny. I was able to leave after almost 30 minutes. We talked about our tattoos, music and our lives. I never thought I would enjoy an interview as much as I did that one. I wanted to drive again, so I was really happy X-factor held the opportunity open for the contestants to drive. Again I chose the MINI for my little trip. As I got into the car and buckled myself in, my phone started peeping. Was it George? Was he asking me when I have time off? And as I looked at the message it was really George. ‘Are you free tonight? Xxx’ I face palmed me; Kate was still in London to celebrate her birthday. I decided to drive to the tattoo studio where I would meet with Jaymi; he told me he would ‘hold my hand’. Maybe George was also there, the only way to find out was to get there the fastest I could.

This tattoo, the two clefs and the quote ‘Where words fail music speaks’, was a spontaneous decision. After I got through, and after thinking, I decided to get it. And my mum of course couldn’t get this idea out of my mind so here was I, driving to the tattoo studio to get it. From far I could see a tall figure with a black jacket. I ran to him and jumped on his back, to my surprise he didn’t fall over, he just laughed. “You crazy chick, eh. So we should get it done shall we?” To keep it short, the tattoo at my neck was amazing, just as I thought of it. The three of us chatted, Jaymi, Jake the owner of the studio and me. I drove back to the house with Jaymi next to me. “So Kate’s birthday, are we also invited?” I almost crashed the car in front of me; I totally forgot to call her. “I don’t know as her yourself.” I passed him my cell and he talked to her. It was so unbelievable how she got along with the boys. “Well she said,” he put the phone back into my handbag. “We’re allowed to go, if,” he took a dramatic break. “We get her a present.” I started laughing, typically Kate.

But before the fun, I had to work. The meeting with Tulisa was to come after we ate lunch. Everyone wanted to see my new tattoo, but the plaster had to stay for a few hours or maybe days. Union J and Boulevard were gone as I arrived. The house was so quiet it was really scaring me being on my own there but I was heading to the studio to meet Tulisa. She greeted me with the biggest hug I ever received from her. “Love, you need to work harder than the past weeks. You need to put your whole heart into it. You can party, but I want you to kick their asses.” I nodded, not really convinced I could do that. “So this week you are going to sing an ABBA song and a Motown one.” She handed me a list with a few songs. I knew just some from them, but after going through them we decided I should sing ‘Head Over Heels’ and ‘You Can’t Hurry Love’ by the Supremes. I was so in love with the songs I would be singing. “Okay, so when are you going to show me your new tattoo?” Miss Curiosity asked me. “As soon as I’m allowed to.” Then I got to go and choose the outfit.