24. Semi-Finals - Live Show 9

It was Thursday; the last two days weren’t eventful. Here and there I was in Union J’s room, George was acting like I was air. And it hurt, every icy look he gave me, felt like he stabbed my heart with a knife.

I was skyping with my family on daily basis like I used to the first few weeks. Nightmare’s haunted me, I saw me partying with blood shot eyes, clearly high, and all over Joe. It always seemed like it was George but then I saw his face and it was Joe.

I was sitting in the car on the way to Manchester, where the semifinal and the final will be held in. We’ll be moving into a five star hotel just two minutes’ walk away from the studio.

I was listening to music, trying to keep the lyrics of ‘Halo’ in my head. My hand touched my still brightly pink hair. It felt so broken, just like I was feeling in the inside.

But on the other hand I liked that color on me; it gave me an edgy style. My green eyes were highlighted by my hair way more than with my boring blonde one.

If someone had told me I would be head over heels in love with a guy that hated my guts, that I was pink haired and in the semifinal of the X-Factor, that I am still alive even though I was dying I would have walked away laughing.

But I couldn’t laugh; even the laugh in front of Jaymi was faked. He noticed though, he frowned but I waved and he gave me a sad smile and left the room. “Miss, we are there.” The driver told me, seconds later I was getting out of the car, and was instantly blinded by the paps. How I hate those, I like usually had a hooded jacket on so I put my hood on and looked at my feet.

I was getting leaded with the rest to our rooms. This year’s final was different from the others, way more contestants were still there. There were Union J, James Arthur, Jahmene Douglas, Chris Maloney, Rylan Clark meant that today night after we all sung our first song the judges would eliminate two acts.

I walked into the room, it was white and really clean. Mila, hotel?! Makes sense to you right?

I rolled my eyes and a ghost of a smile was playing on my lips.

***

We were just at the arena and sound checking.  I messed the last verse of Halo up, now the third time. “You're everything I need and more; It's written all over your face ;Baby, I can feel your halo; dum daa hmmm” I held my microphone so tight my knuckles turned white already. Tulisa was watching me. “Again, c’mon.” I told the band. Tulisa hold her hand up and made her way over to me.

“Do you have another song, you can maybe sing? Something anything?” She messed her hair up already, she was also stressed out. I nodded, thinking about a song, any song. “Slow or upbeat?” I frowned. “Halo is slow, maybe slow?” She raised an eyebrow. “Tell the band to play ‘How To Save A Life’ by The Fray.” She smiled from ear to ear and jumped over to where the band was seated.

Second later soft music was filling my ear, I put my mic in the stand for it and closed my eyes letting the lyrics slip over my lips like it was something I had done for ages. And suddenly someone clapped, since I had my eyes closed the lights were too bright for me but after my vision got clear I saw Tulisa running to me and hugging me.

“That song suits you so much. Maybe you can get George back with that.” And with that my cheeks got velvet. She chuckled. “The chemistry you have is so rare, trust me you have something.” Then she told the band to play ‘This is War’.

As I was done with singing it, I got rushed into the dressing room. They had to do the fitting with me. “Oh gosh, here you are.” Was the first thing I got to hear as I entered the room. It was filled with clothes and shoes and jewelry. Sophie had four outfits prepared for me. The one I was supposed to wear for the "Gangnam Style" / "Payphone" / "Titanium" / "Spectrum (Say My Name)" / "Read All About It" Mash up we sung all together, was a skinny jeans a knitted sweater and ballet flats; the jewelry will be picked out later; the second one for my ‘How To Save A Life’ performance was a short black dress that had one shoulder strap and was sparkling and matching to that pink heels; since my hair was still bright pink each outfit had a pink thing in it; for the elimination I had a black leggings and a rosé colored shirt and a black and white knitted cardigan and boots; my hair would be pulled under a beanie Sophie informed me but it might change to a high pony tail; and the last outfit was a dark blue touched one, again a dress I might add. It was plain, but beautiful with the pink bow on my right shoulder, and matching to the outfit again blue heels.

Like expected there was nothing to change, it fit me. Which was good because I had to get a few lines from my new picked song in my mind, Sophie rushed me out of the room as Rylan came in. I rolled my eyes and run out. The time plan was that we would eat in the arena and then stay there. I was in getting lost in the maze. I had no sense of orientation.

Every door looked like the one next to it. So I sat down on the ground and pulled the sleeves of my jumper over my shaking hands and sung. I heard chuckling, familiar chuckling. I stopped singing and curled up into a ball.

“Mila?” His raspy voice made me still jump, maybe because I knew I would hear it. “Hi.” I sounded like a mouse, a pink mouse. I bit my lower lip as he eyed me, not sure what to say. “You got lost?” He raised an eyebrow that was now gone under his wine-red beanie. I nodded, “You wanted to grab something to eat?” He frowned now. I nodded again. He sighed and held his hand out.

Now it was my turn to frown, because I did not react he reached down to my right wrist and pulled me up. I was so surprised that I fell against his chest, a deep chuckle made its way out of his mouth. The warm sensation from his touch made my numb body heat up.

As I looked up from his ‘Geek’ shirt he already was watching me, those pink lips and those chocolate brown eyes made me melt. I felt my knees turning into jelly, and how his grip around my waist got tighter. “I am sorry.” I muttered.

It seemed like he did not even hear it but then he brushed my hair behind my ear. “Let’s get you something to eat you look like you would faint any second.” He loosened his grip but held his hand at the little of my back and leaded me through the maze.

He leaded me to the little cafeteria, and then he suddenly disappeared from my side. I sighed but got myself a sandwich and a tea. Just as I finished James was on my side and asking me how I was doing and everything. He was a hell of a guy, literally every woman would die to be in my position right now.

He turned every song in his own and he was so nice to walk me back to the stage. Just as I got there ‘R.I.P’ started playing and I knew Rita Ora was there doing her sound check. I hid and watched her performing in comfy clothes. As she was done and turned around I clapped. First she couldn’t see me but then she ran to me.

A/N: A HUGE SORRY

That i took 5 months. Idk like the xfactor started and it got me in the mood to write. 

Since i am where i want to be since i started the whole story now i think i might finish it really fast. 

So vote, comment and stuff.

and yeah little gila moment hehe :**

Renii xx