15. Family Bond

Resting my head on my knees I let the tears stream down my face. I know my make-up was done and everything.

But the thing was actually that I should been sitting between the other contestants backstage watching the others perform.

But I was emotional not able to.

I was a wreck.

The door from the woman’s bathroom opened.

“Mila, where are you?”

A voice shouted. A voice I missed. The voice that grew up with me.

“Don?”

My cracky voice didn’t do a great job.

I stood up quickly, opened the door and run into the strong arms of my big brother. 

He hugged me back. Stroked my head and told me to calm down.

I totally broke into million pieces, in the arms of my brother. It was the place I would go to when I hurt myself or got hurt. As I was ten I fell on the ground as I tried to skate on my new pink inline-skates, I ran to him and hugged him as tight as I could.

When I was 16, after I broke up with Joe he was there for me. He was the shoulder I would cry on. Just like I did now.

But now it was different. He had been working out, and I was still that tiny girl I was. Now I was crying because I didn’t feel strong enough for everything.

My crying got hysterical with every minute that passed.

It topped every reason I cried in his arms.

He was wearing a jacket, and under it a plain white shirt.

He pulled me away; I opened my dry eyes and faced him. He still had this facial expression he always had. His eyes were full of sadness and the caring was reflecting in them. His lips were a thin line almost like he hasn’t lips.

After I saw that his white shirt was now covered with all my make-up, he found his voice.

“Why don’t you just get home?”

This little sentence echoed through my head. Why? Why not? I mean after last week …

~~~*~~~

“MILA.” I heard her angry voice screamed through the whole house at about 9am.

The next thing I heard was something breaking.

I sprinted up to the girls’ room, seeing the pancakes, the flower, the coffee, literally just everything on the ground. The white carpet had a big brown spot and little ones next to it.

“I am on diet, get that in your dear pink head Reeve.”

My jaw dropped. I was not aware to speak. She just told me in a kind way to fuck off and leave her alone.

I fucking want to but I was not able to.

“Don’t give a shit about her. She’s just being jealous and you know, being Ella.” Marie tried to comfort me while we and Trina were shopping.

These two girls are the only ones who started speaking to me, asked me the other side of the story and are the main reason I am still here besides my family I want to make proud.

Holding up a grey shirt with the text ‘I’m with the boyband’ I checked the price, I loved boybands.

Oh I thought we had that case closed Mila. No Styles or Shelley for you anymore.

The little voice inside my head told me. Not just once or twice, but every time I thought about the curly haired boys.

It was not fair, Harry had been texting me like crazy and George, well he was being George caring about Ella.