4. Second Chance

After I heard I would go home I ran from stage, tears running down my cheek. Marie was screaming my Name. I didn’t care. I needed to get my earphones and my iPod. While running in the hotel room, I had the strange feeling to call my mum and tell her I didn’t made it, but I couldn’t break her heart like that. Walking around London with no plan is not the best thing you should do when you are kind of heart broken.

*Tulisa P.O.V.*

“But I don’t feel good with the decisions we made, I mean. No. I need to get a coffee.” I told Leona and Gary. “Okay but be back in a half hour, see you then.” Leona told me.  I walked out of the studio, it’s been almost 10 hours sitting there listening to people singing their souls out and telling them to go home. I needed to get my head free. I just had that thing in my head to …. No Tulisa you are out to drink a coffee and just walk around, not to think about work. I just had the songs from the girls in my head. Luckily my phone vibrated, it was a text message from Perrie. ‘Are u free now? Can we meet at Starbucks xx’ I was free well in one way so I replied that I would be there in four minutes.

-Starbucks

“Oh and then some girls asked me for pictures and they were so nice, I still have hope that they will accept me one day. Yeah the day was great. Tulisa? Hey?” Perrie waved in front of me.

"Oh sorry.” was all I responded. “Are you going to tell me about what the hell you are thinking the whole time? Maybe I can help you?” Perrie was looking now at me with her puppy eyes. Well yeah she always could help.

“Well you know I am a judge this year on X-Factor again, and there were some girls who reminded me a bit of you and the others. But I told them they are not trough, and I just can’t get their voices out of my head.”

I sighed and sipped from my drink. Perrie looked at her phone which buzzed. “Well I think you should talk to the others to maybe put them into a group I’ll ask Jade what she thinks of it.”

Then she typed something into her phone and seconds after it she showed me her display.

Tell Tu she should put them together and give them another chance like she did to us, and that I luff her. xx’

“Here you go, you should give it a shot. Listen I have to go now it was lovely to see you and chat a bit with you.” She stood up from her chair and came over to hug me. Then I heard a voice which was the whole time in my head, ordering a Coffee.

“Wait Pez, I want to hear your opinion.” Then I walked over to Mila, tapping on her shoulder because she was listening to music. “Yeah, who the fu- Oh hay Tulisa. What are you doing here?” Her face lightened up as she saw me.

“Well drinking a coffee and meeting a friend. Do you want to join us for a little while?” She faced Perrie then she was nervous I saw it in her eyes, I giggled it off then I walked over to the blonde haired girl who was still standing at the table.

“Hi.” Mila greeted her shyly. “Hey, I’m Perrie and you are?”

“That is Mila, she is one of the girls who didn’t got through and I need your opinion about her voice. Would that be okay if you would sing a song for us? Just a short bit?” Now she looked at us like a shot deer. Her dark eyes were almost pooping out. Then she slowly nodded and started singing.

To you I would give the world 

To you I'd never be cold 

'Cause I feel that when I'm with you 

It's all right I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing 

Like they know the score 

And I love you I love you I love you 

Like never before Like never before

Like never before

At the last bit Perrie joined her. There were not much people in here so no one was freaking out because of it. Then Perrie just hugged her.

“Oh my gosh, I love your voice Mila. Tulisa what is wrong with you not letting her through?” Perrie looked confused at me. “Thank you Perrie. I really appreciate it that you like my voice, I adore yours.”

“Aww, thank you. Okay listen you two I really need to go, the girls are waiting. Good luck to you Mila. And see you soon Tulisa.”

With those words Perrie leaved us alone. And as I saw into Mila’s face while she was drinking from her cup I saw that she was crying her eyes out. “How long have you been walking around London?” I asked her as I took her hands, they were ice-cold. I was warming them.

“I don’t know. I was listening to a few albums while walking through the city. Maybe a few hours?” She shrugged. “You mean after we told you that you are not through?” she nodded. “That is already about five hours ago.” After peeking on my phone I knew I had to get back. Before the day was over I needed to form about three new groups. I needed to put them together. And maybe letting Mila through.  

*Mila’s P.O.V.*

Have I ever said it is fucking cold in London? Oh my gosh, I thought I would die because it was that cold. Now I am sitting backstage with the girls, wrapped in a blanket waiting till something is going to happen.

“Marie Michaelson. Louisa Dunn. Jules Marylin.Trina Johnson. Dana Sybil. Claire Morgan. Frankie Clarisse. Mila Reeve and Ann Hown. The jugdes want to see you again.”

We all walked to the guy who called our names, after I got to the hotel the other girls just hugged me they were so lucky to see me again. Walking on the stage I was holding Marie’s hand. I saw Tulisa, as she looked at me she flashed me a smile. That means something good is going to happen right?

“Hello girls, I hope you are all doing good. I, well we thought that it wouldn’t be fair to send you home. We want to try something.” Then she looked at the piece of paper in front of her.

“Louisa, Jules, Trina and Frankie you are going to be Boulevard. Are you okay with working together?” The girls were screaming, I knew they would do everything to get through to judges houses. “Yay, so get on work we’ll see you soon on stage. Good luck.” Leona told them.

The hugged the other girls and me. “Dana, Ann and Claire you are going to be the Unfaithful. And Mila and Marie you are going to be Double M. Get on work, tomorrow is early here. Good luck.” I mouthed Tulisa a ‘Thank You’ hugging the girls and knowing that I can work with Marie is just so surreal. Well now We would get on work I am not going to let Marie down.