3. Bootcamp

Coming home was a bit weird. My mum and dad were waiting for me. As I entered the house they already ran up to me asking me if I am through.

“Are you through to bootcamp, lovely?” my dad asked as he hugged me. “Yes I am, I can’t believe it.” My mum was screaming she was so happy and proud.

I laughed at her reaction.

The next weeks till bootcamp were pretty hard but not that hard as bootcamp was, especially for me. I was still in school so my parents were discussing with the director about bootcamp and judges houses in the case I would get that far. Luckily my director always had a soft spot for me so I got these weeks off.

As I heard it, the next thing I was doing as I entered school I hugged him. Well as I got to bootcamp which was this year in London I was pretty nervous but form the start I made some friends.

As we all the girls, boys and the groups got on stage we were pretty nervous. No one of us knew that was going on next. Then Louis, Gary and Tulisa walked to their chairs. But there was a chair free.

They all greeted us and asked us how we are doing. Then Gary grabbed his microphone. “I guess you all want to know who is going to decide with us who are going to judges houses right?” I was screaming a Yes like all the others did. “Welcome the X-Factor winner …”

I wasn’t breathing at this moment does that mean…

“Leona Lewis.”

I was screaming as Leona was walking to her chair, she was flawless. I always adored her I never thought I would see her live. Oh my god.

“Hey guys. I hope you are doing well. I know exactly how you are feeling right now. I’m prepared to hear some beautiful voices so give your best. I’m pretty honored to be here. Good luck to you all.”  With that we all leaved the stage.

“Oh my god, it was Leona. I kind of had that feeling already, what about you Mila?” Marie asked me. We became pretty good friends in the last few hours. I giggled a bit. “Well I love her to pieces but now I am even more nervous.”

She laughed with me. She was about my age, she had beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes who have the color of the sky. She was just so beautiful.

Before we could talk longer the guys who were organizing everything were butting us in groups. We got songs to perform.

Mine was Lights by Ellie Goulding. I already knew the lyrics so I just needed to get my lines in my head. I had to sing it in a few hours. Marie and I luckily shared a room. I was pretty happy with that because we were already so close.

She had to sing Blow Me One Last Kiss from P!nk. I not really envied Marie at that point. She put that song on replay on her iPod she was sitting on her bed and summing the lyrics. I was just hearing that song a few times and sang already my part even without the lyrics paper. After sitting there and listening to Lights about fifteen more times I shook Marie.

“Hay I am going out, grabbing a coffee at Starbucks you want to come with me?” She nodded and grabbed her bag, we made our way into the town. We were messing around and having fun. As we entered Starbucks I sand Lights as I finishes she sang her part from Blow Me One Last Kiss. Finally entering Starbucks we were still singing as I started singing Wings from Little Mix.

As we finally got our coffees we walked to the chairs and sat down. “Are you very nervous.” Marie finally asked me, after sipping on her drink for a while. “Yeah, I am. I am pretty scared I am not gonna make it in judges houses. What about you?” I frowned while asking her. “Well I think they’ll put me in a group. I’m not sure yet but I really think they will do that.”

She sadly nodded. I took her hand and stroked it softly, we’ve grown so together. “Hay look at me,” she looked at me, I softly smiled, “You are pretty and have a great voice you shouldn’t be scared about that. To be in a group can be fun you know.” Then we giggled.

We sat in the shop so that I could see the front door. Some people I think I saw today at bootcamp made their way to the checkout. I heard then a girl with pretty long brown hair singing and talking.

“Marie?” “Yeah?” she automatically replied. “You know the name of the girl with the long dark hair? With the blue top?” She shorty thought about it. “I think its Trina or something like that, sorry.”

Well that could be. So I screamed “Trina” through the whole store. As she turned around and saw me she run to me and hugged me.

“Oh my dear, gosh. I mean. Oh my god. How have you been? I haven’t you seen for ages.” The other girls who were here with her and Marie were super confused.

“Guys, she was my best friend back then when we were twelve. But then I moved to Bradford.” “Oh my gosh. How are you? Are you also in the Bootcamp? Of course you are you always had a great voice.” I told her as we all leaved the store. She introduced me and Marie to Jules, Luisa and Frankie. After talking a lot and finding out that Jules and I had to sing the same song for Bootcamp and Luisa and Marie also we were singing out our lungs.

We had so much fun the few hours we were together. But then it was 6 p.m. It was time for me and Jules to perform Lights. Walking up to the stage we were singing it. As the guys who were working there giving us the microphones I was shaking again. Jules saw it and hugged me telling me everything is going to be okay.

But it wouldn’t be okay.

We all walked on stage most of us were shaking. “Hay guys,” Leona greeted us. “I hope you are not that nervous. You can do it. Good luck.” With that the music started. I waited till my part came up.

Noises, I play within my head

Touch my own skin and hope that I'm still breathing

And I think back to when my brother and my sister slept

In an unlocked place the only time I feel safe

You show the lights that stop me turn to stone

You shine it when I'm alone

And so I tell myself that I'll be strong

I knew I messed it up.

A little voice in my head told me it was the end station here. It was over, I could pack my stuff. Two hours later all the girls were called on stage. I was holding Maries and Trinas hand. Knowing it would be hard for the judges to let girls go home. They were calling name after name. I was shaking so were my friends.

“I’m sorry girls, but you are going home.” My name wasn’t called. It was over. Tears were starting to run down my face. The next thing was that I was hugging Trina, Marie, Jules and Frankie. We were crying all together on stage. But we needed to go away. Walk away from the place with the broken dreams.