02. Proposal

Karan was shocked. This was an understatement.

He was beyond shocked. He never ever in his wildest dreams expected a girl hailing from a middle class family to have the guts to talk to him like that.

Never ever.

But she had. The girl he thought of as manipulative, double faced, money minded and what not just talked to him boldly.

Yes, his thoughts are not changing for her, but yes, words are because she is not his enemy, she is now his competitor.

He was looking at the file but his mind was not on the file. He was lost, lost in judging his thoughts towards her, thinking what she really is.

The sound of door clicking brought him out of trance and he looked only to find preeta coming out from the washroom.

She was wearing a plain satin white shirt and plain red long skirt. Her hairs were open. Her neck was adored with a beautiful butterfly pendent chain and her wristwatch was adding to her Grace.

She ignored him royally and went towards the dressing table, applying light makeup on her face.

When a few minutes ago, she was wearing a red net saree, she was looking like a newly wed wife. Now she isn't.

He wondered why.

Just then his mind striked the right thing. She isn't wearing her nuptial chain and vermilion too.

He shook his head. He doesn't even cares if she wear it or not. But unknowingly, the little voice of his heart didn't agreed.

If she is his wife, she had to be his wife. So what if he doesn't accept her as his wife.

He didn't realised that while thinking all this, he was directly looking towards her.

When preeta saw this from mirror, that Mr. Noone is staring her. She narrowed her eyes at him and asked,

"Kya kar rhe ho? Mujhe kyu taad rhe ho?"

Her voice brought him out of her trance and when he really looked up to her, he saw her raising her eyebrows, waiting for her answer.

He couldn't control himself and ended up interrogating,

"Tumhara sindoor aur mangalsutra kaha h?"

Her facial expressions changed within a fraction of second and she asked sweetly,

"Kya tumhare business world m kisi ko pta h ki tumhari shaadi ho chuki h?"

Karan rolled his eyes and said,

"Nahi!"

"Ditto! Mere field m bhi kisi ko nhi pta ki meri shaadi ho chuki h!" She shrugged saying so.

She turned towards him and said,

"Preeta Arora is still very charmingly single!" She said in a husky voice and winked at him.

He glared her and was about to say something but she ignored him once again and stormed out of the room, taking her backpack.

He shook his head, and gave a deadly glare to the file instead. He threw the file on the floor and kicked the couch, running a hand through his neatly gelled hairs.

"Uggh! Preeta Arora!" He groaned , his eyes filled with rage, yet again.

•••

Taking his coat, Karan sauntered towards his Mustang. He clicked the door of the car open and was about to get inside when he saw her, taking a cab.