20. Adorable

"She is fine mom. Aap- Aap ruko m usse abhi leke aata hu. Just wait for me." Karan says.

Giving one last look to his mother, who was looking tensed and to his siblings, he went out grabbing his car keys.

As he pulled the car from the driveway, he connected his phone with the Bluetooth and called the person who is the most helpful in the situation.

"Hello Miss. Verma!" He said.

"Yes Mr. Luthra!" Came Sneha's sleepy voice.

"Sorry to disturb you at this hour of the night, but it's extremely important. Please! Please find out the number of Sahil Bajaj and send it to me asap." He pleaded.

"Everything alright sir?" Sneha asked.

"I will tell you later, Please do me this favour for now." Karan said firmly.

"Sure."

Within five minutes, Sneha sends the number of Sahil and Karan dials it.

After four-five rings, sahil picks it up.

"Hello, Sahil!" Karan said.

"Yeah Karan. What's the matter?" Sahil asked.

The sounds of people chattering and rumbling were heard as if sahil was in a public place.

"Hello Sahil, wo m--"

But Karan's voice died in his throat as he heard the voice he was craving to hear.

"Sahilll! Ye jhumke kitne pretty h naaaa!" Preeta said.

Karan's heart skipped a beat, he breathed finally listening her voice. She was with sahil, and he can't be more sure about her safety better than her brother.

"Wait sweetheart, tere husband ka call h, usse baat krlu m?" Sahil said.

"Mere husband ka? Karan ka? Kya hua h? Everything alright? Ek to mere phone ki battery dead h! Laa meri baat Kara usse!" Preeta said.

Was it possible for sahil to decline preeta? Absolutely not. So even before he agreed, preeta snatches the phone from Sahil.

"Hello Karan!" Preeta says.

Karan applies breaks and takes a breath of relief. God knows what all thoughts were running in his mind. He leans back on the seat and closes his eyes.

But, he is finally at peace knowing she is safe.

"Preeta!" He whispers.

"Haan, bolo!" She said.

He opened his eyes with a jerk and glared the phone, realising why he was tensed at the first place.

"Do you realise what time it is preeta?" He snorted.

"9 baj gye? Yaa phir heck, 10?" She asked.

He looks at his phone in disbelief. Is this women for real?

"Dumbo! It's half past 11. Tum subah se Ghar se nikli ho. Itna late ho gya Ghar nhi aayi, phone ki battery dead krke baithi ho! Do you realise what blunder you have created. Mom kitni tensed h!" He scolded her for her careless behaviour.

"Shitt! What the, what the actual fuck! Prachi! Kamini---"

And he heard her scolding prachi for not telling her the time.

"I am sorry Papituu! Ab gussa mat ho yaar!" Prachi whinned.

But preeta didn't said anything. Karan could practically imagine Preeta flaring her nostrils at prachi in anger who gulped.