05. Guilty Pleasure

Karan and preeta sat down on the couches placed on the stage. One by one, the guests started coming and congratulating them, giving gifts.

Karan introduced her to the guests and relatives that came and preeta received them warmly.

Just then, a group of six people together climbed the stage, making preeta smile widely.

"Preeee!!" Ranbir and Prachi yelled and ran towards her, pulling her in a bear hug.

The huge huge smile was not leaving preeta's lips.

Abhishek and Pragya Mehra and Vikram and Pallavi Kohli were behind them.

They all first met with Karan, did a formal handshake with him while Karan smiled at them.

Then they all moved towards preeta who was still engulfed by Ranbir and prachi.

"Prachi! Ranbir! Chod do bachi ko! Jaan loge kya uski?" Vikram said and Pranbir left her. Prachi stood next to her, holding her hand.

Pallavi came front and cupped preeta's face and said,

"Bahut sundar lag rhi h meri bachi!"

Preeta smiled and said,

"Thanks aunty!"

Pallavi smiled.

"Ha mom! Dost kiski h?" Ranbir said proudly.

Pallavi smirked and replied,

"Prachi ki!"

Ranbir frowned and prachi hooted, Side hugging pallavi. All people on the stage started laughing.

"Chalo bas. Ab Ranbir ko chedna band karo. Ye le meri bacchi, tere gifts!" Pragya said, forwarding preeta some 4-5 boxes.

"Ye kya h? Iski koi zarurat nhi thi, buddy!" Preeta said.

"Ae chup kar. Yaha eklaute ladki Wale hum h! Tashan dikhana to banta h!" Abhi said.

Ranbir and Prachi shook their head and said in unison,

"Rockstar for life!"

•••

After the guests, it was time for karan and preeta to give the interview to the media.

"Sir, aap abhi abhi Luthra group of companies ke CEO Bane h aur itni jaldi shaadi?" One of them asked.

"Yes. It felt right." Karan replied curtly.

"Mam. Aapko pehle kabhi nhi dekha. Will you please give your little introduction?"

"Sure. I am Preeta Arora. If any of you have heard, then I am the painter who won the best artist of the state last year!" Preeta said.

"Yes mam. I have heard of you and your story. It was published in a magazine. So if you don't mind, I will step a bit further and would like to ask you something."

"Sure. Go for it." Preeta said.

"Mam, As per that very interview I read, aap ek middle class family se belong krti h. If I m not wrong. (Preeta nods). So mam, Humari country ke itne bade businessman ke bete se shaadi. I mean, how did you two met?" The person changed his question at the last moment when he saw Karan's sharp eyes fixed on him.

While preeta thought for a while and said,

"M middle class zaroor thi. Par mere papa ne meri education m koi Kami nhi rakhi. Result is, M aur karan ek hi school se paas out h. Aur uske baad, M aur karan ka chota bhai, Rachit, hum dono same college se paas out h. So connections are since long!" Preeta said.