19. Princess

His alarm rang as usual as the sun succeeded the night, the day was up.

He stretched out his limbs and after huge efforts, opened his eyes.

What he saw next was enough to give him a heart attack. His eyes were already widened, ready to come out of sockets and fell over the bed. His heart had already started beating like the maniac it was.

The thing that caused this was, He, The Karan Luthra was sleeping in the same bed as her, Preeta Arora.

Nah, there was no cuddling and all that shit. She was sleeping like a fucking princess in the middle of the bed, the pillows and cushions lying everywhere around her.

She left little to no space for Karan. He wondered how he managed to sleep all night on that tiny portion of bed without falling down the aisle.

And to add on the princess' tale, she had threw the duvet and shoved it on the other side, not sleeping in herself, not letting him use it. He shook his head, this was so Preeta-ish.

But the thing he wondered is, last he remembers was they were setting up the painting over the wall, which looked majestic over the wall.

How come they ended like this?

His mind tried recalling the incidents, but were unable to trace back the events occurred. It was like a part of his memory had been deleted from his system.

He shook his head again to clear all this thoughts and started his new day.

He got of the bed and pulled the duvet which was half lying on bed and half down the bed.

He looked at it with sympathy and again, folded it neatly, making sure there were no creases.

He was about to put it back when his eyes fell on Preeta. She was still sleeping like a-- Preeta, like usually she wakes up late.

He looked at the duvet in his hand and let out a sigh. He opened it once again and covered Preeta properly with it.

And now when he looked at her, he feels jealous. So much jealous. She is sleeping so peacefully, he had to wake up.

He frowned cutely and walks to the washroom. Her day may start at 9:30, his starts at sharp 7, and he can't delay that for sure.

After he was ready for the day, he as usual walked downstairs leaving her sleeping behind.

All the other family members were waiting for him and as soon as he settled himself down on his usual place, the breakfast began.

After breakfast, he was, as usual ready to head for his office but what stopped him was, Sneha herself came to Luthra house.

"Miss. Verma! You here?" He asked.

Sneha shook her head in a polite greeting and Karan returned it with a nod.

"Nandini mam called Me sir." Sneha answered.

"But why?" He asked.

Just then, Nandini Luthra entered the room and said,

"Arey Karan! Tu kal late aaya isliye m tujhe bata nhi payi. Yesterday, The invitation came from Singhals, the yearly gala. We are again invited as usual. But now, as you are the CEO, you have to go this year. And I and your father won't listen a 'no'. You have to go that's an order and it's especially mentioned on the invitation for you that you have to take your wife, Preeta." Nandini said, handing over the invitation card to Karan.

She was right. It was mentioned especially for him to be present with preeta.

He groaned.

"Yahan m khud nhi Jana chahta and they ask me to bring preeta with me. Bullshit." He scoffed in his mind.