24. Priorities

"Jab do logo ke beech ek Raaz aa jata h, to dararein aane me der nhi lagti!"

Preeta woke up with a jerk from her deep slumber. It was after nearly after eight months that she got a dream of her father.

After he passed away, in the initial days, she used to get lots of dreams related to him, to such extent that they became nightmare for her. It slowly and automatically reduced after some days.

But now, suddenly listening her father's words in her dreams, straight after eight months, it didn't sit well with preeta.

Her head was spinning due to waking up with the sudden jerk. She noticed that she being her usual self, was sleeping covering almost the whole bed and leaving little to no space for Karan, in which he was sleeping.

Unlike yesterday, she was not in his arms today. And her heart desperately missed her thermal radiator.

Also, she felt bad seeing him sleeping in that tiny portion of the bed. So she tried to pull him by her side. Later she realised that he was not getting pulled, she was just wasting her power because he was heavy. And she realised that if she continued doing it, he might wake up.

Too late, the damage was already done.

"What do you need preeta?" He asked sleepily.

"You." Preeta said.

He woke up with a jerk and looked at her with widened eyes.

"What the fuck?" He asked.

"Areyy! I mean, tum uss chotu se part m so rhe the, so I was just trying to pull you here. I didn't intended to wake you up." She explained.

She saw him sighing heavily and nodding. She shifted more towards the edge and he came almost in the middle and layed down.

And again, he was drifting back to sleep, still not wrapping his arms around her, to comfort her.
Afterall, she was a sick person.

Yeah, Very sick you are.

Her conscience mocked her and she mentally glared her conscience for doing that.

She was sulking while laying on the bed, disappointed and frustrated with him.

"Tumhe sach m kuch nhi chahiye?" His voice came again, this time firm and not sleepy.

She bit her lower lip. No way in hell is she going to admit that she wants him and her to sleep close. Fuck it, she herself doesn't wants that. Just, she loved his warmth. Just his warmth.

"Preeta, you okay?" He asked, his voice laced with concern.

She shook her head, assuring him that she is fine and said,

"Wo, mujhe thodi thand lag rhi h!" She said.

"Oh, Let me increase the temperature of AC!" He said, searching for the remote of AC in the nightstand.

She looks at him dumbly. Dumb of her to reason this, ofcourse he will increase the AC and not open his arms directly for her to sleep in.